1.3K views

When Lennar says they have the "everything home" they mean that everything is wrong. They did not caulk the windows or outlets leading to leaks when it rains.

My "energy star" home if filled with drafts. The drywall was not taped in the corners or ceiling leading to hairline cracks everywhere. The cheapest materials were used including the upgrades that I over paid for. Unskilled labor was used so the walls are crooked.

I can hear every step someone takes upstairs because of poor instalation. The list goes on.

I would tell anyone not to buy a Lennar home. I made a comment on my facebook so all can see.

Comments

I had a Lennar Home built in 1999 and we have had problems from the very start, leaky ceilings, buckled carpet, windows that don't close properly. We had to have the head guy fly in because of all the problems we had, including a very crooked staircase they didn't want to redo. I wouldn't have another Lennar home if you gave it to me.

Lennar is a disgrace. They rip you off and sell you lemon's.

Shiny on the outside, sour and bitter on the inside. I HATE this company. As a first time homeowner I have to say I was ignorant and inexperienced, I should have done more research. How the heck was I suppose to know the AC wire coppers were my insulated?!

They were hiding behind a beautifully textured wall, how was I suppose to know the bathroom's cocking was done incorrectly leading To possible water damage and leaks. They use cheap, low quality materials and charge for a 5 star home. A friend of mine contracted Lennar to build her home, little did she the migrant workers were disposing of the construction garbage done the sewer pipes! I know tons of people in y neighborhood who have issue's with Lennar's construction.

I am going to have them sign a petition. See you in court.

BigBrother4Defects
#472020

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

I am about to take Lennar to court. Airconditiner has leaked Freon since I bought the house.

The "repair" man says there is no leak, but each year they have to come and re-charge it. I have asked for a new unit for the last 3 years and they have refused. I had a major leak at the front door of my home. Mushrooms were growing out of the siding, hard wood floor had to be replaced.

It took over 6 months for them to come and repair it. And, finally, my 2 1/2 year old driveway is flaking off! Concrete specialist says the mix was improper. Lennar refuses to own up on their mistake and state it was because I used salt.

I didn't use salt. But that aside, I have lived in Alaska, Minnesota and Wisconsin and salt never harmed the driveways there! I am happy for those of you that have no problems with Lennar. I will NEVER buy from them again.

The problems I have are not anything a home inspector would catch (mine didn't at least). On to court!

I learned from watching many HGTV shows that everyone should have a private home inspector even with a new home purchase. We were happy we did.

It just makes you feel at ease when signing at the closing.

Any home you buy, have it inspected. It is your right and your responibility.

You folks are crazy. I love my Lennar home.

Great price wonderful upgrades. Lennar is one of the top 3 builders ranked by JD Powers for my area in CA. Any homebuilder will do an inspection and walk through.

If you notice any issues you need to let them know. This is with any builder.

i HAVE LIVED IN A LENNAR HOME FOR 4 YEARS AND WE HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS.STARTING WITH THE SALES PERSON KAREN, SHE WOULD TELL YOU ANYTHING TO SELL THE HOME.REALLY DO YOUR RESEARCH AND BE CAUTIOUS. THEY USE POOR MATERIALS AND SHOODY WORKMENSHIP. QUANITY NOT QUALITY

When you were given the walk through before you took possession of the home why didn't you point these things out to the Lennar rep.? They would have fixed everything.

I know all you complained about may not have been apparent at that time but lack of caulking and drywall not being taped would be fairly obvious. And it's not "instalation", it's "insulation".

I've lived in a Lennar home and it was very well built, and all the details were attended to. Maybe you just made a bad choice and just want to complain.

to Home Owner #578810

you wouldn't be making your comments if it was you that got stuck with a lemon.

Would like to also know the location because we are feeling the same way. Not happy with the sales consultant and very disappointed with the process.

im trying to purchase a lennar home, but m consultant is very rude and cocky. i would really love to purchase the house and move into the neighborhood, but i woulnt feel safe dealin with him

Can you please contact me and let me know where you are located so we can check into your situation for you. Thank you.

Kay Howard