Reedley, California

I bought a brand new house in Santa Clarita Valley for more than a half million dollars and lived there for a little less than two years now. So far, here are some problems with this house that could not be covered its warranty:

"¢ Visible and noticeable cracks on the stucco. Yes, I am seeing more cracks all over outside of the building on stuccos. When I complained after a few month of my purchase, Lennar customer care rep said that Lennar won't repair until it is opened widely up to certain inches, which does not make senses at all. I could see cracks all over especially around the doors and windows even inside the unit, and the cracks are appearing noticeably more and more. Lots of my neighbors have same complaints. We might probably take class legal actions toward Lennar on this…

"¢ A major water pipe outside of the building that is connected to a major water pipe inside the building is broken, so it was leaking. When I reported to Lennar care, a care rep came to my house and said that its warranty is expired, so he could not do anything. My biggest concern is that outside water pipe is PVC pipe, not a copper made pipe. This means Lennar used cheap materials to build more-then-a half million dollar house even though Lennar knew that California is exposed to earthquakes. I am wondering what kind of materials they used for inside the units. Lennar finally decided to reimburse the repair cost, but I am not certain what Lennar will do if this type of problems happens again for other neighbors who are not proactively and assertively complained about it.

"¢ The sprinklers at the backyard have been leaking from the day one after my purchase. I complained this and Lennar was able to stop the leakage on each inquiry. However, it has not been fixed permanently, so it continued to leak. Lennar said there was nothing they could stop to prevent this problem primarily due to my backyard structure. I also noticed that the sprinkler system keeps running on and on even it watered all zones entirely. Lennar said that it was caused by programming issue on the time, which one of professional gardeners inspected and found no problems with programming.

Lennar built some pathways/ walkways here and there in the community, but if you carefully look at the concrete/ cement on the ground, you will find lots of cracks, which really implies the quality of Lennar homes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar Customer Care.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472013

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

Wow! I am so glad that I found this site about Lennar- I was considering buying a new home from Lennar but not anymore!

to Scott #578823

yes, i was considering a home with lennar, but not after reading all of the complaints listed. the house i was going to purchase was clearly being framed by unskilled workers. one of the home owners in the community where these homes are being built, was told by a lennar rep that there is a shortage of labor, so it appears lennar uses whoever they can find...and we all know what that means.

What Lennar Community is this? Sounds like it may be a good idea to stay away from Lennar.

I have been in a Lennar home for about two years in Valencia and I am so mad at Lennar. The calking came off on our shower so we had a leak into the downstairs, they said it was our fault it was poor fitting.

Then the AC quit (this has happened three times since we've been in the house.) We have also had electrical problems with the lights. We have cracks on our stucko inside and cracks in our walls inside.

I would NOT recommend buying a Lennar home at this point. Uncledave - if you want a class action suit, let me know I'll join you.

Hi, I am wondering about the Valencia area. Is anyone having issues with their homes? I noticed they still have not Installed the pool, jacuzzi behind the new homes.?

Those electrical problems are occuring to most new homes. For examples, lightbulbs in master room, bathrooms and living room were gone within the 1st year, which I had to replce them.

Some lightbulbs are unique ones that I could not buy from one of loca stores... please continue to voice your concern to Lennar customer care...

that way Lennar improves the quality of new homes for other potential buyers. I am thinking about a legal action thou...

I did not realize so many other home owners was having so many problems with Lennar. I have been living in my home for two years now, and still got electrical problems, ac has went out during first year, some outlets do not work inside the home, cracks everywhere, I wish I would have read this article before I purchased a Lennar home