Aurora, Colorado

We bought our first newly built home from US Homes/Lennar in 2001, now after 9 years we were ready to up grade and put our home on the market. But after the inspection by the buyers we found out our main sewer line was a poor install, the buyers backed out and we need to spend 12000 to 16000 dollars on fixing the problem.

When we contacted Lennar they said it would have fallen under the 2 year warranty and we only had 6 years from time of possession to take legal action.

I could go on about many other problems with this cooky cutter house that we have corrected over the years but don't have time to write a book! Word to the wise, when you build a new home pay attention to every detail and scope/camera your main line before warranty is up!

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472018

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

I have to agree, I have owned a couple of homes and when we decided on buying from lennar we were told they were a good builder. Right from the start we had problems, the water connectors burst behind the dishwasher and flooded our carpet in the living room area attached to the open kitchen.

Lennar did come to repair but we had to pay for the carpet cleaning, the drying out of the pad and the carpet and the repair of that. This was in the first 6 months. Since then we have had to replace the air conditioning unit which was only 2 years old at the time because it was too small a unit for this square footage of the house....one floor plan... you were think lennar could get that right.

Then we had a toliet connector go bad and flood our bathroom and master bedroom... we were responsible for their faulty equipement place in the house upon building it. Now we have a shingle in our attic and a roof leak in the middle of the house causing damage to our master bedroom through the walls, and to the maid support wood to the main beams... Our house is only 6 years old...we do regular maintenance.....

and of course, Lennar isn't responsible for anything.... I would not suggest Lennar to other people to buy and I certainly will not buy Lennar ever again....

If I get this place back up to snuff so we could sell it..... so disappointed and fustrated.

I am sorry to read about your quality issues, I too purchased a Lennar Home and only after 1 year of living in the home the quality Lannar touts is not there. Carpet seams separating, bathroom vents not sealed (leaking water), tile issues and the list is growing.

Since I am beyond the 1 year walk through Lennar just blows me off. Lennar Construction Management is rude and unresponsive.