Tucson, Arizona

My family recently moved into a new Lennar home within 6 months. We are having a nightmare of an experience.

So far, our downstairs air conditioning has gone out twice, our upstairs air conditioning went out once...all during summer, we have windows that whistle from the air that moves through them, we have a large crack in our downstairs ceiling, we were told by our cable company that our cable wires were ingress and problematic and have trouble with our cable coming in and out of picture, our master bath tub faucet is coming off, the guest bathroom upstairs leaked through to the first floor when our children splashed water on the floor, the back door lock and garage door lock broke, several of our windows are not straight up and down (a difference of up to an inch from top to bottom) and our blinds don't fit, where the carpet and tile meet there is a big gap and crumbs fall into space in the entire house, and the worst of it all is that there is a gas/oil smell in the master bedroom that has come in for weeks now and we could not figure out what it was...we started moving things out of the room and finally turned off the cooler/heater and covered the vents and the smell went away...and those are only the big things, not to mention a handful of smaller issues that we have not even begun to touch on i.e. molding that is not straight, sheet rock screws/nails that you can see in wall, and other. I am at my witt's end. I thought you were supposed to buy a new house to have peace of mind but I have had nothing but frustration and torment!

Our contractor has been working to fix these problems but I am afraid in 5 years our walls will begin to fall down. Who can I report this to, I am so disappointed and discouraged.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar House Construction.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

Hello and please let me know if you can share any additional details such as your name and address and I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Please contact me at James.Perry@Lennar.com

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com