Newly constructed condo with mold growth from over-sized AC unit, Lennar says they are not responsible. Lennar you sized the unit and placed the AC in our condo.
Update added by user Nov 21, 2013
Since my post Lennar continued to say we were at fault for the mold issue. So we retained a lawyer. Further studies have concluded that Lennar and their contracted AC company violated Florida Building Code when they placed the over sized AC unit in our condo which caused the mold.
Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2013
We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year.We lived there until May 1 when we returned North.
We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistadt, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000 dollars, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must of done something wrong. Can you believe that, really.
Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters. We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had over sized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow.
Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter home being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton.
Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas.Share with your friends.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I am having many problems with Grand Homes in Frisco Hills community since they started framing my house - I signed a contract with Ms. Sheryl (Sales Manager at Frisco Hills)..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "IF you’re in a hurry, just watch the video https://youtu.be/SwRDVoFxK9A The rest is what led up to it. When I returned home Thursday afternoon my internet service via Sudden Link..."
- "My 1 year old Samsung refrigerator has a broken ice maker. The refrigerator cost me $3000 and I bought a 5 year warranty. Best Buy has scheduled 4..."
- "We have a personal account with BB&T as well as a Small Business account. I received a check draft payment from a customer and went toward a BB&T in..."
- "I have had 2 bad visits to the First choice at 4656 S.R. 64 East in Bradenton. Been going to this salon for about 3 years. Was great for the..."