Newly constructed condo with mold growth from over-sized AC unit, Lennar says they are not responsible. Lennar you sized the unit and placed the AC in our condo.
Update added by user Nov 21, 2013
Since my post Lennar continued to say we were at fault for the mold issue. So we retained a lawyer. Further studies have concluded that Lennar and their contracted AC company violated Florida Building Code when they placed the over sized AC unit in our condo which caused the mold.
Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2013
We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year.We lived there until May 1 when we returned North.
We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistadt, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000 dollars, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must of done something wrong. Can you believe that, really.
Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters. We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had over sized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow.
Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter home being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton.
Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas.Share with your friends.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "We are residents of Wyndham Lakes Estates in Orlando. We have drainage issues, the soil that was brought in by Lennar does not percolates, therefore, the yard is always wet,..."
- "Lennar customer service is beyond poor after one month basement floods when rain falls the urgency to get my issues resolve is like i'm begging a favor of them ..."
- "Refused service to a Vietnam Vet ..."
- "Four ( 4 )times tried to submit a warranty claim on sagging Sealy Posturepedic Kingsgate Firm Pillow mattress that I bought at Mattress one. Fill out form with uploaded pictures..."
- "Called and wanted to make things right. We met and he discovered he really owes us money for not doing the work. Maintains he now is on adhd meds and..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."