Newly constructed condo with mold growth from over-sized AC unit, Lennar says they are not responsible. Lennar you sized the unit and placed the AC in our condo.
Update added by user Nov 21, 2013
Since my post Lennar continued to say we were at fault for the mold issue. So we retained a lawyer. Further studies have concluded that Lennar and their contracted AC company violated Florida Building Code when they placed the over sized AC unit in our condo which caused the mold.
Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2013
We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year.We lived there until May 1 when we returned North.
We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistadt, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000 dollars, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must of done something wrong. Can you believe that, really.
Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters. We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had over sized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow.
Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter home being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton.
Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas.Share with your friends.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "Lennar is building in my Tapestry neighborhood in Las Vegas. They are the new "overseers" here. However, Lennar doesn't seem to work with Tapestry HOA, or vice versa, as Tapestry..."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I had a bad experience at the Cortez Rd Carrabba's about a month or so ago. I wrote an email and a male called me saying he was the..."
- "My yoshi blade handle broke Will you send me a new one please..."
- "Samsung refrigerator has had 5 service calls and still is broken. It is a $3000 refrigerator that neither company will agree to replace even partial payment. Water..."