I was the first person to move into a new Lennar neighborhood just outside of Austin, Tx. The first 6 months of living there, Clyde the salesman, would continually "pump" me to make sure my yard was picture perfect so the neighborhood would look nice as people drove in.

Now I'm a person who takes care of my yard anyway so this was not a big issue. The first three streets that were completed were all owner occupied and were really beginning to form a nice little, diverse neighborhood. Then disaster struck!!! The second builder pulled out of the neighborhood leaving the entire sub-division to Lennar.

Well Lennar loaded jet fuel into their builders, Clyde the salesman and the corporate jet and flew California investors in by the bus load (I mean that literally). By the time a new street was completed, 75% of the homes would have "For Rent" signs in front of them. Street after street Lennar did this until they finally shot themself in the foot. All of those "For Rent" home couldn't get rented so the California investors turned them into Section 8 Low-Income HUD Rentals. You can well imagine what the neighorhood turned into. It all but turned into a ward. Since sales were now plummeting for Lennar, they pulled out of the neighborhood and left us to live in their path of destruction. To this day, 7 years later, the value of my property has dropped by 25% based solely on the investors letting all of their houses go into foreclosure.

In addition to all of the above, there are a number of residents whose houses have foundations that have split completely in two including cabinetry falling off the walls, etc. and Lennar refuses to do anything about the issue. We've all told them to walk their house which will get the bank involved an then maybe, with the banks lawyers behind them, they can get Lennar to complete the 80+K worth of repairs required to fix the house.

Just my first and what will be my only experience with Lennar Homes.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472022

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I also bought a brand new Lennar Homes and years later we wanted to change the toilets. We wanted to change the master bath mostly, because it wiggled when we sat on it.

We first thought it was the seat, but it was not that at all. Then decided change all of them to have them all match. So, we went out and bought three new toilets. A company came in and installed two of them.

The third they said needed the flange to be lowered between 1/2" to 3/4" for the new toilet not to wiggle or move and to work correctly. They knew nothing of the problem of the wiggling. A Lennar representative came in, and was rude to me. He asked.

"Why is it a problem now? It has been X amount of years. Why now? Why did you change the toilets?

What was wrong with them?" So, I told him about the one with the problem.

He said, "Let me call someone about this." He called someone and came back to me and said. "Just have them shimmy it up again and it will do." I asked, "Are you all going to do something about it?" He said, "No it'll be good like that." Then he left.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

BLAME THE COMPANY NOT THE RENTERS!!!!I'M NOT ON SECTION 8 BUT I KNOW SECTION 8 RENTERS WHO KEEP THEIR PROPERETY UP JUST AS GOOD AS YOU WOULD IF NOT BETTER.IT'S NOT THE RENTERS FAULT IF THE BUILDERS DIDN'T STRUCTURE THEIR PROPERTY WELL AND I DON'T KNOW ONE COMPANY WHO DOESN'T HAVE AN UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER,SO READERS AND BUYERS DO YOUR RESEARCH AND MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICE AND DECISION FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY,DON'T GO BY SOMEONE ELSE'S COMPLAINT BECAUSE YOUR END RESULT COULD BE A VERY BEAUTIFUL AND JUSTIFIED ONE.IF THE PROBLEMS ARE BECAUSE OF THE RENTERS,FORM A MEETING,COMPLAIN,CALL THE HOUSING AUTHORITY, SAY SOMETHING TO GET THE ISSUE RESOLVED BECAUSE IF OU DON'T IT'LL ONLY GET WORSE.

to SHANNONWOODS77 #1048766

How long have you worked for lennar?

Anyone have any knowledge of the Lennar sub-division Shale Creek?

We moved into our Home October, 2009. The problems we had regarding poor Construction is still underway to be fixed.

NOW they have LIED to me. BEFORE - I bought this house, I specifically asked the Lennars Representative Tim - this question: "Are there any Section 8 homes here, or will your Company be - MAKING any of these unsold homes now or in the future, - Section 8 homes? I am investing my hard earned money into this home." TIM'S RESPONSE infront of my Realtor "No, we don't have any Section 8, nor will we ever do that IN THE FUTURE; Lennars doesn't do what other Competitive Companies do. We would never turn a Neighborhood into a Section 8." LIARS!

Now they want to take the unsold 17 homes in our development and make them - SECTION 8 homes. If you want to waste your money, and throw it away for a Neighborhood that will turn into a low income one, then Lennars has your name written all over it; HERE IN North West FLORIDA.

You should buy a home in Tulare - the quality of contruction and Customer Service is second to none around here - Thank you Lennar for my beautifull home and neighborhoods.

There are no perfect builders out there, I did my research b4 I bought a Lennar home and they by far have the least amount of complaints. I bought a Lennar Home 4 yrs ago and I am very Happy, all service requests were completed fast.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #164589

Lennar has not only trashed neighborhoods in TX but also here in the Ft. Myers area of FL.

They have come into our community to build saying they want to be "GOOD NEIGHBORS" and are totally disrespecting the community. We have HOA's in here and they are completely disregarding them and as a result the community is suffering. They even stole utilities from one of the homes in the area to build cause Lennar is too cheap to purchase temp electrical poles for the subs. Garbage is flying everywhere and we are having to deal with music blasting from the subs.

Today I will once again address to this to Lennar and I'm sure they will turn a deaf ear as usual. Also note that they are building super cheap homes in this area as well.....very cheap!

They want us to be wonderful neighbors for them and assit them in selling their homes but totally they are disrespecting this community....on by the way, we are RIVER HALL just outside of Ft. Myers FL.

I signed the SAME form regarding investment property but that DID NOT mean that LENNAR could not SELL to someone for that specific reason if HTEY so chose -- which they did. I paid $117,500 in 2002 for my house, it is now appriased at $72,000. By all means, go ahead and buy a Lennar home but don't say you were not warned.

Lennar did the same thing in my neighborhood. (Dallas/Ft Worth) Not only did they sell to investors but their sister company Univaeral American Mortgage gave loans to people who couldn't afford them.

ie One man was given a $125,000 loan with no proof of income. He only made $14/hr and never worked more than 30hr/week. I was on the HOA board so we would get notification of foreclosure because the HOA statements would need to go to the new owner(bank).

It was so sad what the neighborhood turned into. I was lucky and only had to come up with about $1000 to sell my house.

I will say their warranty issues were taken care of very quickly and they even fixed one item that was out of warranty by two months.

"its the homeowners fault for not properly watering their foundation"

KC, What does this mean? I recently bought a house and I don't know if or how to water my foundation!!

You really shouldn't let one persons story change your mind about a home. I can't imagine that there's a builder out there with no complaints.

In my Lennar Texas neighborhood you are not allowed to purchase a home for investment purposes. We had to sign paperwork stating it was our residence and we would not turn around and put it up for rent. We do not have any homes for rent and only one foreclosure. The homes that were built here a couple of years ago are selling for more than they paid, so no problems with values dropping.

Its no secret that homes in Texas have foundation problems, however, it is entirely possible that its the homeowners fault for not properly watering their foundation. It doesn't take years for poor maintenance to catch up with you. We saw this in many newer homes (mainly foreclosures) during our search. If these people had legitimate problems the 10 year warranty should take care of it, otherwise its probably their fault.

We've actually had installation people come into our home and tell us how well built it is. We had no problem with our sales people or the buying process at all. We negotiated a great deal of money off of our house and got the $2000 blinds and appliance package for free as well as our HOA paid for a year.

They took care of the ant beds we had outside of house and checked on the small crack in the driveway without having to be asked just to make sure ground underneath was sound. We’re very satisfied.

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to buy a Lenar in TX. WAS!