Recently we brought complaints about business practices and construction defects to Lennar. At a court-appointed mediation session, after spending the day in negotiations, Lennar offered a settlement that we accepted. However Lennar rescinded and retracted the offer, reneging on that agreement, forcing the decision to go back into the court system. This is just one example of Lennar's untrustworthiness and lack of integrity.

However, the most dramatic example of their trends of abusing consumer trust occurred when we were first purchasing the home. The land behind our home was undeveloped. We asked the sales representatives what was going to be developed there and the answer was that it was zoned for residential or light retail. This understanding was a strong point in our decision to purchase the home. Soon after we moved into the home, though, a gas drilling company erected a derrick close behind our house. If we had known there would be drilling rigs so close, we would never have agreed to purchase the home. Our follow-up investigations showed that Lennar, beyond simply being aware of the drilling, were the owners of the land being drilled---they were the ones profiting from the drilling they hid from us. As a defense against consumers, Lennar dropped two small paragraphs into the reams of paper they made us sign at closing. One "clarified" that gas drilling was taking place in Tarrant County, and that our subdivision was in the affected "area" of the county. The other paragraph asserted that Lennar company would not be held responsible for anything their sales people had said. Lennar's unwillingness to even stand with integrity alongside their own employees should have been a warning signal.

Going even farther back in our interactions with the company, the first deceptive practices that Lennar inflicted on our family occurred even before the home was completed. They built a structure with dozens of flaws and problems. For example, the shingles on the roof were immediately out-of-warranty b/c they were secured incorrectly. Lennar then slapped a coat of paint on the building and charged us full prices for it. After we first walked through the home---the first home we've ever purchased---Lennar offered a mild discount if we would close on the home immediately, effectively closing the window for us to locate, hire, and get results from an inspector. Such cut-throat practices are the norm for Lennar.

From start to finish, the Lennar company has shown an untrustworthy and callous attitude. The claims in their advertising about "caring" or "quality" are nauseating lies. Hopefully other consumers will not fall victim to their deceptions. If you hear of someone thinking about doing business with Lennar, please warn them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar House Construction.

Comments

Contact me:

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Mare Island, CA 94592

- Margaret Mead

#311955

Hi,

If you really want to spread the word you should consider gathering up some other dissatisfied Lennar home buyers and rallying outside of one of their trade shows. That will inform other interested home buyers and hurt their bottom line. Then they will pay attention to you.