My partner and I are strongly considering purchasing a home in Ashburn VA Martin Chase community. But after dealing with the sales person (AJ McCollough. We are thinking twice!! Although its a nice community AJ was extremely rude and indignant once we asked about the warranty of Lennar's Home. After reading many complaints about Lennar, as home buyers we want to feel comfortable with our purchase. No one should purchase a half million dollar home without asking questions!! She was very abrupt, negative and aggressive. At least I can honestly say she is consistent in her behavior, I witnessed her treating other buyers the same. Although the homes are in a great location, it DOES NOT give her the right to treat buyers with such hostility. Such arrogant behavior when someone is just trying to feel confidant in their purchase is absurd!!

If anyone has any information in regards to the quality of the homes in this community, please contact me at: loveloudon@hotmail.com

I WANT TO FEEL CONFIDANT IN MY PURCHASE!!

Comments

San Ramon, California, United States #818735

Tried to email loveloudon@hotmail.com. Email was returned???

BigBrother4Defects
#472019

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

#204356

We just bought a home at Martin's Chase from AJ. We had no problems with her.

Her and her husband were very helpful. In fact my wife said she thought AJ was one of the nicest sales agents we have met (I had no strong opinion of her personality one way or the other - all sales agents seem to be intent on selling their products, in my opinion, and AJ is no different). But we haven't moved in yet, so I can't speak to any issues with the house after purchase. On the other hand, when we walked through the house with AJ (the construction supervisor wasn't available), she apparently made a mental note (i didn't see her write anything down) of every comment I made, so that when I came back and met the construction supervisor later in the week, he had already, or was in the process of fixing every issue I had pointed out.

So she did a fine job in our walk through. Hope this helps.

#204334

I do agree with the comments on AJ..not only she is rude but does not know anything about sales or the homes...she just provides incorrect information consistently and is an extremely pathetic employee...

Overall, Lennar as a corportation is not responsible and does not cater to the standards that they define. False promises and extortion (once the contract is signed) is their main business.

Our relationship with the Lennar sales people and corporate office has been outstanding in Naples, Florida. I am sorry that wasn't the case all over.

to Peg Naples, Florida, United States #818164

You have to be an employee there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have bought new homes from Kaufman & Broad, Pulte, U.S> Homes (Lennar). US Homes, by far, had the best quality and customer service I have ever encountered from a builder (Pulte a close second).

They never whined or complained and even when the local suppliers wouldn't back their products US Homes stood up and took responsibility.

I have been in this home for 7 years and I am still very happy with it.Maybe if you called the home office and talked them about their ambassador of good will you might see a difference. Sales people are a dime a dozen...

I got the same reception one time from Signature Homes...As bad as the market is I can't imagine coroporate would tolerate that sort of behaviour, of course unless they're related to someone in the office! LOL :)

We are buying a new house in Riverview Fla, SouthFork 50. We had concerns about the house after looking at it with our private inspector.

The inspection went well, overall. We did have some concerns about the wavy ceiling. After emailing Kay at the Corp. office, we were contacted by the VP of construction and all has been or is being fixed!

We close in two weeks and are now able to rest easy about the quality! I am happy with everything, as of right now. I look forward to the walk through. Thanks to Kay @ corp., Ben (VP of Construction) and Andi, our sales rep.

I am happy with the service! I suggest everyone hire an inspector and follow through with the staff- be proactive and all should go well!

We have purchased a home at Martin Chase. However, I found AJ to be quite helpful.

She did sound a lil cranky, rude at times but I think it is her personality. I interacted with her profesionally and did not really care about her attitude. But I do agree that there is room for improvement here.

Hope this feedback helps. It is good that some one from lennar responded to the post.

I apologize for your experience at Martin's Chase. Pleae contact me so that we may discuss your less than pleasurable experience. Martin's Chase is a beautiful community in a Rural Village setting and I would like the opportunity to answer and assit you in any way I can.

Brenda Sharp