New York, New York

We purchased a home that is just over 4 years old built by Patriot/Lennar Home Builders. Three wks.

ago 4 shingles blew off the roof which caused a leak. We tried to get coverage from the warranty company Lennar provides with their homes but were told it was not a structural issue and we would have to handle it ourselves. We hired a very reputable roofer who after making the repair explained that it would happen again because the roof was poorly constructed from the beginning using plywood that was bulged and that caused the shingles to lift and then blow off. I then called the builder to tell them that the roof was incorrectly installed from the beginning it was an issue of poor quality control that needs to be repaired so we do not experience any further problems.

They refuse to except responsibility and make it right, they will not return my emails and calls. Several other neighbors have also had problems getting this builder to stand behind their product when problems arose.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

We have the same exact issue with our Lennar home. The home is only four years old and we have had several leaks already after only living in the home for 4 months - we are the second owners.

Our shingles are continuously blowing off as well. We contacted Lennar and were also told that it was not a structural issue so the warranty did not apply.We are having a roofer come out this week to check it out.

We expected more quality from a 400,000 dollar home. Other issues with the plumbing have cost us a lot as well.