The sales consultant and the construction manager both showed us where our property line "was". Once we close on the house, we noticed one of our sprinklers were on our "neighbors" property.

(no one was living there yet) A different construction manager, came and "surveyed" our property line, and a QUARTER of our property is NOT OUR PROPERTY! We pulled out the survey from the closing papers and he was correct. We trusted these people! They tried to rectify the situation by paying half of the lot premium back to us.

We wanted a fence. They said no, but then someone buys the house next door.

They put a fence up for them and one of the houses down the street, like they are rubbing it in our faces. Watch Your Backs if you go with Lennar, they seem so happy go lucky...I would say snakes in the grass!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar House Construction.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472021

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

I recently purchased a Lennar Home in Sacramento California and am very upset at the deceitful sales tactics and the essential extortion committed by their lending company UAMC.

The sales agent first told me (knowing that I am an inexperienced first time home buyer) that I am not allowed to have a realtor represent me in the deal. This alone should have tipped me off that they are operating with shady business tactics. The during the contract signing she says that eventhough I am already pre-approved for a loan, I still MUST give their affiliate lending company UAMC a chance to pre-approve me (which, knowing my profession and credit she knew I would be approved) and said that if I am not happy with them for whatever reason, I can use my own lender. It is ILLEGAL for them to force a buyer to use their lender. So, I applied for the loan with UAMC and was of course given a conditional pre-approval (I needed to submit a few more documents for final approval). I was not happy with the rate they offered me AND over the next week, found out how terrible their customer service is (they would not respond to questions without me sending repeat requests) so after doing some research, I found that UAMC charges an origination fee that is twice that of most companies around. So of course to decrease my closing costs, I wanted to change companies. At this point my realtor had contacted them and although it does not state this anywhere in the contract, they said I cannot have an agent on my side. They also then said I will lose my buyer incentives towards closing costs if I change lenders, although this is not stated in the contract.

They are also being pushy on the closing date, so I am running out of time to make any changes or investigate this further. And, they will probably try to keep my deposit if I walk away even though there is nothing in the contract stating I will lose the deposit at this time.

Basically the sales agent took advantage of an inexperienced buyer, she lied and said I cannot have an agent representing me and then lied about the flexibility with the lender and is forciing me to use their expensive lender UAMC.

AVOID LENNAR AND UAMC at all costs! You will also find many negative reports on home quality and difficulty getting repairs done within the 1 yr warranty period-you will lose money in the end. Their homes are supposedly eneergy efficient, meaning they are built very tight and are likely to develop mold-when it comes time for you to sell, this will cost you BIG TIME. And if you decide to rent the place, your renters might act in ways to allow mold growth (keeping home too hot, not opening windows or venting properly) and it will cost you money or a law suit for health hazards to your renters.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Kay, from the Corp office, and the rest of the staff are awesome. Just call or email them and let them know.

If you don't get satisfaction from the local level first, contact the Corp. office and they WILL make things happen, all good!

I am so happy after all my concerns were heard and looked into! A BIG Thank You Lennar from a soon to be homeowner in Tampa/Riverview FLA.

Who was the sales consultant at JAX,FL?

Lennar reached out to us after reading this report. They wanted to make us happy and gave us the fence we wanted originally plus half of the lot priemeium.

Since then, Lennar has bent over backwards to help us, mainly Dan Hunter, he has done everything to make us happy, from repairing a crack, and having someone check our plumbing. Even though by purely accident, the property line was a mistake, they have went above and beyond to make us a happy lennar consumer.

Roxbury, New York, United States #114731

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.I AM CURRENTLY WAITING FOR MY PLACE TO BE BUILT BY LENNAR IN MURRIETA,CA SO I WILL KEEP DOING MY RESEARCH BEFORE I CLOSE ON MAY 27, 2010 AND MAYBE I CAN PULL OUT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

Our local Division in Jacksonville is reaching you to you to touch base on this situation.

Thank you.