I am a first time in my life home buyer and purchased a brand new lennar home near high tension power lines (about 300ft) in 2020 for the market price. After living there for six months, a friend of mine told me about the negative effects, related to the power lines, on health (specially on children's) and resale values.

If I knew about these issues I'd never have bought the property. Is this something I can complain through a lawsuit? They made me sign something about the power lines at the last minute right before they gave me the keys. The form I signed talked about the humming noise but I don't remember anything about effects on resale values or health issues.

If there is nothing much I can do through the law system I wonder what my options are.. Am I stuck?

• new lennar homes near power lines

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #832522

If you are truly worried about the effect of EMR on you or your kids, you should refrain from televisions, computers, cellphones, alarm clocks, gaming controllers, handheld gaming devices, lights, iPods, stereos, headphones and everything else that uses electricity. In fact, just to be safe, you should go ahead and open up the circuit breaker to your new house and build a Faraday cage around your property just to be safe.

How the *** did Americans get to be so ***?

I'm in the same boat. The home I purchased is also near power lines and is there for ineligible for FHA refinancing.

I'm now stuck with a house I cannot resell.

ginger_bread

How do I delete the review I created?