Bought a Lennar home 2nd hand after the original owner transferred after 5 months in the home. Lennar didn't want to honor the warranty for the 12-month inspection and the selling agent on the home had somehow forced them to honor it.

Then, just after the 12-month walk through...our window well started caving in and detaching from the foundation. I've since learned that I'm the 4th home that I'm aware of in the subdiv. that has had this problem. Lennar blamed me for landscaping around the area with 3 inches of mulch/dirt and it's a very expensive repair. Seeing that quite a few of us had the same problem, it appears Lennar should be avoided at all costs as they don't know how to build homes properly. Nearly everyone in our subdivision has also had their driveway ripped out and replaced (us twice) because the concrete was cracking and pitting so badly within 2 years. Our sump pump has had problems. Our dryer venting through the attic was cut too short causing problems with the dryer functioning. Apparently they spilled something on the drywall because all over hte house you can see through the paint these water marks in some very odd places. Our yard was not graded properly (which I attribute to the window well problem) and our concrete patio now sits on an incline because of that. Many neighbors are having problems with outside trim peeling and getting moldy. I have found they didn't primer the wood trim/doors and after taping for painting the walls, the paint on the trim comes off with the painter's tape. Good grief!

Do yourself a favor and just avoid altogether.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar House Construction.

Comments

Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States #857003

Lennar is one of the worst developers.

Contact me:

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Mare Island, CA 94592

- Margaret Mead

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

#311959

If you really want to spread the word you should consider gathering up some other dissatisfied Lennar home buyers and rallying outside of one of their trade shows. That will inform other interested home buyers and hurt their bottom line. Then they will pay attention to you.

#311957

If you build or purchase a Lennar (or previous built by Genesee) home, please make sure you grab a very very good inspector before purchase or closing on a newly built home. This will save you a lot of grief. 9952b4