Buyer beware of Lennar Homebuilders. They build under the protection of shell companies then bankrupt them as soon as they are not profitable leaving the existing homeowners with a worthless unfinished community. They have done this @ Mare Island, Ca. where home prices have gone from $800,000 to under $300,000. They refuse to answer questions, won't return calls and their legal deptartment tells you to keep quiet (The CFO Jon

Jaffe called and told me to keep my mouth shut).

Anyone who is considering a Lennar home do your due dilligence. I suggest you "google" Lennar complaints and look @ the hundreds of complaints dealing with the above as well as poor workmanship etc. Stay away from Lennar, UAMC (there lending arm) or any subsiduary they are building under. BUYER BEWARE.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472016

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

Their mortgage arm, UAMC charges way more than local banks in the Myrtle Beach SC area. They entice you saying they will pay 3K toward closing costs if you purchase, then they add it back in origination and other fees.

They even wanted to charge $395 to lock in a lower rate for 30 days, Bank of America charges nothing, plus the fees at BOA are much more competitive than UAMC. When I asked if I could use the 3K toward closing at another financial instuitution they said NO.

So what does that tell me? Oh, sells manager at Emmens Preserve in Myrtle Beach is not the nicest lady I've dealt with, she was rude and interrupted me.