We bought a spec home in our early 20s, and we had no idea how many problems we would have with this home that were due to lazy contractors and negligence. We were never given a proper one-year walk through before our 1 year warranty expired. We could barely get the builder to come out and fix the things that were covered under warranty the other times.

We have had plumbing problems galore. We had a toilet break upstairs that caused us to recently have to redo the floor in our upstairs bathrooms, and the plumber recommended replacing the toilets as they were covered by insurance. Come to find out, they installed our toilets upstairs without putting the rubber seal between the toilet and the subfloor. If we hadn't replaced the toilets, we would have had major, dangerous water damage. Also, the plumbing was installed backwards for the bathtub because they had set it inside the frame incorrectly.

Further problems with the bathrooms which we showed them during a visit where they made me sign the work order so they could leave for the day that there was a problem with a bathtub being cracked on the backsplash. We showed them discoloration on the baseboards which a guy at Home Depot told me was probably mold. The builder said he didn't know what it was and hardly acknowledged we mentioned it. I recently discovered mold on the backside of the wall of this bathroom.

I am awake trying to see how much the heavy thunderstorm is going to cause the window in my dining room to leak. Hope it won't fill up a cup over night. I don't know if they didn't seal the window right or what, but it shouldn't be leaking. In addition, both our front and back doors have major water damage to the door jamb, baseboards and dry wall due to not being sealed properly. You can see daylight shining through. They were asked to fix it. They never did. Now there is mold growing on the damaged areas.

Our water heater and pipes our incredibly noisy in our game room walls. I have been to neighbor's homes, and they don't have this kind of noise.

I have a lot of anxiety over this damage because I am afraid of what it's going to cost to fix it all. For a house that is only 6 years old, problems keep coming up that expose the contractor mistakes that are now at our expense.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

as many people point fingers and play the blame game there are people that get delight out of hearing or causing other peoples problems. I too am a lennar customer and today told the joker that came out to investigate my repair requests that the small problems that are caused by cheap construction are typical (to lennar maybe).

I told him to leave, I would rather fis myself, time will tell. The two times they came out to fix really *** suff that should never been left the way it was, they have done everything they can to weasel out of it.

Worst customer service ever, they don't get right on any thing but run around. Buyer-be-ware is not a good excuse for crappy quality.

Hello again.

Please feel free to contact me at James.Perry@Lennar.com and I would be more than happy to investigate your claim.

Sincerely,

James

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Hello and please let me know if you can share any additional details such as your name and address and I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Please contact me at James.Perry@Lennar.com.

Sincerely,

James

Ummmm....nicebust way to put this as to not be erased. BUYER BEWARE.

Their r ppl in this world who constantly point fingers & or play the blame game.....Sounds like u fit nicely in both categories. Buyer beware, acting ignorantly is only a fault of ur own, early 20's or not