Aside from many, many poor quality workmanship items (far too many to go into), they have their infamous quote "Everythings Included." Right.Read the fine print.
They have you sign off a single document wherein they "reserve the right to change anything without notice." So what wasn't included? I looked at the model, and they used the model's photo to advertise MY address. In that, there were window overhangs around the entire house. They are these tubular, "modern" steel overhangs that are painted pale blue.
They give the house a certain look - see the photos - one is of my house (no rails on the entire side, and another home with the rail - although their rail looks broken from the photo which would not surprise me). Well, on one side, they completely left them off. They are on the model, and they are in the photo used for my address. When I discovered this (it was through two golfballs coming through the applicable upstairs windows), I contacted them immediately.
At first, they seemed very concerned. But when it came to actually doing sonething about it - forget it. They simply pointed to this single paragraph on one of several hundred pages, wherein they claim they can change anything without notice. I remember reading it, and asking at the time, and it was explained that they had the right to change something (say perhaps a microwave model was no longer made, then they could substitute it).
That made sense. I was never told it could mean they could decide just not to put something on the house that all the other houses had. The real reason? Most likely it has to do with the subcontractor going out of business, and they just didn't want to find another sub to finish the job.
It was a WHOLE lot easier to just refer to the page in the packet of hundreds of pages of escrow instructions. Oh.... I'm not giving up.
Every state has a licensing board - I've filed with ours (California).I urge everyone else to do the same.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible workmanship
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "Purchased a brand new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Color is black, Grey primer is showing in 21 places. Current Milage is 30. Dealership and paint shops state vehicle..."
- "I recently signed up with contractors 411, despite the negative reviews we uncovered, we were convinced otherwise. I contacted the main supervisor and asked if their was any way for..."
- "Carl's Jr. / Sunrise Way / Palm Springs, Ca. ...I returned to my home, took out the burger, and noticed that there was no, grilled onions, no lettuce, AND ONE..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."