Livingston, New Jersey

I have a couple of issues with Lennar. First of all, the realtor and mortgage broker told me at the time of purchase that my property taxes of my new home were based on the value of the land alone, but would only be able to increase by 20% each year after being reassess to include the home.

This was not true. Once my property was reassessed to include the newly constructed home, my property taxes immediately skyrocketed by more than 300%. I feel I was seriously midlead. Also, after moving in I have discovered many shortcuts taken in the construction of this home.

I have had to call customer care regarding some serious issues, but so far I have been waiting over a month and have not gotten a call back!

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472051

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

Zero responsibility? Who is paying the property taxes?

That would be me taking 100% responsibility.

Yes, I was naive as a first time homebuyer, as I did not expect to be blatantly lied to. This in no way justifies their deceptive practices!

Addison, Pennsylvania, United States #32531

Another prime example of someone who takes zero responsibility for their own decisions. You bought a house, and took tax advice from a Realtor, and a mortgage broker, rather than calling the folks at the county tax offices, and asking a few simple questions.

Being misled is one thing, believing something ridiculous as property taxes being limited to 20% YOY increases after construction is another. Take ownership of the responsibilities in buying a home and you won't have these problems.