East Syracuse, New York

I signed a contract with Lennar Homes in October I feel the Sales man lied to me about many things including we would be able to get all except $1000 of or deposit back if we wanted to get out of the contract before we closed. When they finally started the house (2 months later then promised) We realized the house was to big for the lot and we would have no back yard.

At that point we tried to get out of the house but were told we would loose our complete down payment plus the cost of some tree removal for trees that were brushing up against the house. When the finally did the finish grade on the lot we ended up with a back yard that is 21 feet deep and slopes 4 feet 6 inches in that distance. We have complained about wash outs in the yard since our initial walk thru and after about 5 months and numerous emails and phone calls they finally agreed to build a retaining wall but only 18 inches high. My yard is useless and dangerous.

On top of the yard when we were pointing issues out on our walk thru we were told we were to picky. After 5 months the walls and ceiling have cracks in them, all the carpet seams show,the carpet is coming apart and needs to be replaced. All the caulk in the house needs to be or has been replaced by me since "they are not responsible for the caulking". The front door handle has been replaced twice and still feels like it will come off in my hand.

Bottom line is I feel Lennar uses inferior quality construction and products and their customer care does not really care.

I feel like once they got my money any problems with the house are mine. This is the last Lennar home I will ever buy

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar House Construction.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472012

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

Bought home on Sept2008..fireplace problems ,and still persist,they replaced my water heater,they replaced my furnace...this is the LAST TIME I buy a Lennar home...no one I know or meet will never buy a Lennar home!!!!

#209598

where was this home built? what was the price point.