MY WIFE AND I JUST PURCHASED A BEAUTIFUL LENNAR HOME IN THE WESCOTT AREA OF CHARLESTON, S.C. FROM START TO FINISH THE STAFF HAS BEEN ANYTHING BUT RESPECTFUL AND HELPFUL.

THEY ACTUALLY PRACTICE WHAT THEY SLOGAN STAND FOR. I KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THAT I WILL LOVE MY HOME.I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEIR HOMES FROM THE FIRST TIME I STEPPED INTO THE MODEL HOME.THEY HAVE ALL THE AMMENITIES I WANTED AND REQUIRED FOR MY FAMILY LIFESTYLE. BUT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO A MATTER OF OPINION.

WITH THAT BEING SAID I'M GOING TO ENJOY MY BRAND NEW AND AFFORDABLE HOME.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects
#472026

Forgetting our nightmare... But judging all the posted complaints that are on this website alone you are very lucky. So lucky that if I was you I would start buying lottery tickets.

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, and lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your stories. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

- Margaret Mead

I have a used car I will sell too. Perfect condition.Terrytee how long have you worked for Lennar??

I have owned a home in Illinois (7yrs)and have had 15 windows replaced due to leaky seals..

now MIWD 717-365-2500 the window company wants to charge for labor and shipping to replace so figure in 200.00 a year for glass replacement in you budget..we are a community of 160 homes and I have notified everyone to notify the BBB. For you Terrytee that's Better Business Bureau..

I have a used car I will sell too. Perfect condition.

#208916

never buy a dan ryan home EVER!! THEY LIE THEY WILL TELL YOU THIS AND THAT THE PRESIDENT IN SC FOR DAN RYAN BUILDERS I THINK IS SOME TYPE OF ***. HE HIRES ONLY YOUNG GIRLS AND MAKES THEM ALL WEAR SHORT SKIRTS

#206963

Ok this is obviously written by a Lennar Rep, TerryTee and Gainey!!

The staff has been anything but respectful and helpful. That's what I'm sayin'. -- Terry Tee

Think twice about purchasing a Lennar home (sorry Gainey). It is indeed a *** shoot. If the Lennar subcontractors are quality subs, you may have very few problems with the home. If the subs are ***, your dream home will turn into a nightmare.

Ask Lennar who are the subs (electrical, plumbing, windows, etc.) before buying the home. Research the subs (Internet).

Don't expect Lennar to help you. If they do, feel extremely lucky.

Also, go out to the home site once a week (or more) (generally on the weekend) and watch the progress of the home as it is built. Familiarize yourself with the process of how a home is constructed and make sure Lennar is doing it properly.

Have inspections at the framing walk-through (before the walls are closed) and once the home is complete. Use a good inspector and make sure he or she notes any problems.

For those issues that require repair, file a claim with Lennar. Do not sign off on any item which is not complete to your satisfaction. The reps will give you some nonsense about how they get dinged if claims aren't closed in 30 days and ask you to close a 30-day-old claim even if items aren't resolved and open a new claim with the unresolved items. Refuse to do it. If the rep is gonna catch he11 for an open claim, he or she will make sure your problems get priority.

Try to avoid using UAMC (Lennar's suggested lendor) if you can get a mortgage on your own. UAMC's terms are not the best and the company sells the mortgage, generally to a lousy bank like B of A, ten seconds after the house closes escrow.

We love our LENNAR home in Virginia. Everyone was so helpful and made sure we were 100% satisfied. Don't think twice!!