Orlando, Florida
1.7K views

Heritage Isle HOA,in Viera, FL, is controlled by Lennar. There appears to be little if any enforcement of the covenants, resulting in an unattractive community.

As house prices fall it seems the new owners are not inclined to abide by community restrictions and in my opinion makes the neighborhood undesirable. The covenant restrictions for home exteriors are very specific and extensive and require HOA approval for changes, but if they are not enforced they do no good.

The management company doesn't seem to work for the homeowners but places their priorities with Lennar board members. The board is completely controlled by Lennar, and it appears they are not equitable in their decisions toward homeowners by placing costly burdens on the victim of covenant violations instead of the party committing covenant violations.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

The latest problem we have here is not getting irrigation for our lawns. You go for weeks with no irrigation (which we are paying for)and when it's reported, it's never fixed properly.

Lawns are turning brown and all we keep getting are excuses. In City Data Forums, there is a Heritage Isle Pros/Cons thread, fyi.

Lennar Corporation has failed miserably when it comes to enforcement of our deed restrictions, covenants, etc. We have....get ready for this...a home that was converted inside and is now an Assisted Living Facility!!!!

A Lennar person said the owner (who is under 55 years old) purchased this home for her mother...then renovated the interior and opened this facility. They claim they had no knowledge. Letters to our State and County officials state there is no reason this ALF should be in our community. Lennar fails to take action and claims their attorney advises they cannot remove this home.

And to add insult to injury, our HOA IS LENNAR...There is not enough space to describe what goes on at the Assisted Living Facility. Suffice it to say it is a blight to our beautiful community. Buyers are not informed of this home prior to purchase. How would YOU like to see a bedridden resident of this home, who is confined to a gurney, being wheeled down the sidewalk in front of your home?

Lennar refuses to enforce the rules. I have a beautiful home and overall like Heritage Isle.

Lennar employees do not take action until they are absolutely forced to do so because of overwhelming resident outcries and adverse publicity in the local newspaper. SHAME ON LENNAR!!!

Have to agree with the HOA not enforcing the covenants. Some people get cited for minor violations and others don't, with some larger violations being ignored. Safety issues involving dangerous intersections get put off to the "next meeting" and nothing ever gets done about it!

Any further info on this? We're looking at Heritage Isle but tthiis is disquieting to say the least.

Oldthimercurt

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Hello and please let me know if you can share any additional details such as your name and address and I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Please contact me at James.Perry@Lennar.com

Thanks in advance.