Suggest you think twice before purchasing a Lennar home. Our two year warranty was lowered to one year and defects noted on walk-thru remain unsettled.

This Thanksgiving, while doing some dishes while company was still there, the kitchen sink just broke loose from the granite countertop. Luckily the drain plugs stayed in place and we avoided that nightmare. We found that the sink (under-counter mounted) had been mounted with six small blocks of plywood approx 2" long and HOT GLUE! I've done granite and marble countertops in the past for a living, and they're supposed to be securely mounted by drilling the countertop and using clips designed to hold the sink with a full load of water and dishes.

NOT HOT GLUE! What *** thought that was a good building practice? And who approved/inspected that design?

And now I have to wash Thanksgiving dishes in the bath tub until we can get the whole mess repaired at my expense (remember, Lennar dropped my warranty down to one year).

I'm glad there were four different families present when the sink fell thru. News about Lennar homes will travel four times faster!

Think twice, then think again.

Comments

BigBrother4Defects

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Hello and please let me know if you can share any additional details such as your name and address and I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Please contact me at James.Perry@Lennar.com