We bought a home from Lennar in Florida. Once the use of Chinese drywall came to light, they tested our home and told us it was negative, and safe to live there.

A year later, they retested and guess what? We had unknowingly been breathing toxic fumes for a year. In the interim, 2 of our dogs died, both from a form of cancer. Now we are concerned about the long term effects the exposure will have on the rest of our family.

Lennar lied to us, and increased the length of our exposure to toxic fumes. Chinese drywall exposure is so new, no one knows the long term effects. Yet Lennar is very cavalier about the whole thing.

Don't buy from Lennar. They killed my family.

Comments

March Air Reserve Base, California, United States #795051

The problem with America is pure laziness! Educate yourselves in the home buying and home building process, it really doesn't take much and well worth it when you are buying a product for this much money, ALL of you have nothing to do but whine and complain about your house when all you had to do was some pre-education on the matters at hand.

NEWSFLASH, every home-builder has lemons, just like every car builder has lemons it happens you want zero defects buy a Ferrari but it will cost you! Google a new home builder and ripoff report and every single one comes up, you people might want to look in the mirror, and no I don't work for Lennar ( because it's such an easy out to validate your complaints about my post), I am in the Air Force.

Contact me:

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Mare Island, CA 94592

- Margaret Mead

sappyg

A little over the top don't you think?

It's very easy to test for Chinese drywall. I have inspected several homes for it. If you really had it in your home you would know it. Your electrical and HVAC would corrode and eventually fail and your house would smell like rotten eggs. Also, the manufacture's name and date of manufacture is on the back of every sheet. You can check that from the attic.

I don't know what the long term exposier to sulfer would be but I bet you could google it for an answer.

Why would you rely on the findings of company with an obvious conflict of interest?