I am 8 years in a Genesee/Lennar home.
First the plumbing lines were not angled right so the draining was bad. Had to get an independent plumber to tell Lennar what the problem was. Then noticed that the interior paint was sticky. I was told that would not be a problem, I had to let the paint dry. Yeah right...
And now, 8 years later, I am in the midst of getting a deck majorly repaired because of water damage. Yes, water damage in North Denver, Colorado.
I've been continually frustrated with the "cheap" material including the paint that was used by Genesee/Lennar Homes. But what is most scary, is to use below spec/below grade material on a deck that is now literally unsafe to walk on.
I don't know if there is recourse in regards to this but I am going to do some research to find out.
If you build or purchase a Lennar (or previous built by Genesee) home, please make sure you grab a very very good inspector before purchase or closing on a newly built home. This will save you a lot of grief.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Lennar Homes - Brighton CO: During construction of our home back in 2006, Lennar notified us that they had soil problems. They told us that the soil had to..."
- "I'm reading about the History of Fraud on the Energy Star Program and I hope that Lennar Home Builders will also read it and REMOVE their Energy-Star and Comfort Wise..."
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "So I looked at these reviews and actually cancelled my appt with Bark Busters because of a review I read. My dog is a very agressive rescue breed so..."
- "On June 30th I had placed an order for a Samsung Refrigerator via bestbuy.com, due to some reasons I had to call the customer service rep to finish my order...."
- "DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS. ASHLEY BURSE IS A THIEF. BUYER BEWARE!!! Here is my timeline of events for my transaction with Ashley Burse of Vintage Goody Shop. Wednesday May 8th: I..."