I am 8 years in a Genesee/Lennar home.
First the plumbing lines were not angled right so the draining was bad. Had to get an independent plumber to tell Lennar what the problem was. Then noticed that the interior paint was sticky. I was told that would not be a problem, I had to let the paint dry. Yeah right...
And now, 8 years later, I am in the midst of getting a deck majorly repaired because of water damage. Yes, water damage in North Denver, Colorado.
I've been continually frustrated with the "cheap" material including the paint that was used by Genesee/Lennar Homes. But what is most scary, is to use below spec/below grade material on a deck that is now literally unsafe to walk on.
I don't know if there is recourse in regards to this but I am going to do some research to find out.
If you build or purchase a Lennar (or previous built by Genesee) home, please make sure you grab a very very good inspector before purchase or closing on a newly built home. This will save you a lot of grief.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "So I looked at these reviews and actually cancelled my appt with Bark Busters because of a review I read. My dog is a very agressive rescue breed so..."
- "On June 30th I had placed an order for a Samsung Refrigerator via bestbuy.com, due to some reasons I had to call the customer service rep to finish my order...."
- "DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS. ASHLEY BURSE IS A THIEF. BUYER BEWARE!!! Here is my timeline of events for my transaction with Ashley Burse of Vintage Goody Shop. Wednesday May 8th: I..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."