Lennar - 4 car garage floor sank causing water from cars to puddle and collect at the lowest point in the garage. Water needs to be pumped out, or mopped up by hand.
Lennar Homes - Brighton CO: During construction of our home back in 2006, Lennar notified us that they had soil problems. They told us that the soil had to be treated with water and then properly compacted so our home could be built.
The soil in the garage evidently was not compacted properly causing the floors in the garage to drop significantly (in the wrong direction). Water from melting snow now puddles like a lake in our garage due to the concrete dropping 2-4" in the back of the garage. Problem has also caused heaving of the concrete in other areas in the garage. Home builder "Lennar Homes" says "we are not responsible for concrete flat work after one year." However, we were also assured during construction that our soil would be properly treated and compacted so we wouldn't see these problems! Lennar tells us this is not their problem, and that we will need to pay for mudjacking our floor so it comes back to the proper level before it sank.
We will never trust Lennar again, and we will never purchase another Lennar built home because they don't stand behind their promises.
Lennar also failed to install a gutter on our second floor roof. The result of not installing a gutter in this area are that dangerous icicles are now forming and hanging from the roof that could damage cars in our driveway if they begin to break. Or worse, this problem can now possibly kill someone that could be walking on our driveway if the icicles break away from the house. Although we are waiting for Lennar to review this issue, we are doubtful they will do anything about it because our home is over 7 years old.
We've also had design issues with our Lennar built home: The roof joists were made too long (expansive) causing shifting of the joists. This design problem has in turn caused shifting of the joists, which has caused cracks to appear in our dry wall. Lennar did take care of this matter after the warranty, but we still have cracking issues in our sheet rock.
We hope our experiences will be a warning to consumers who are considering purchasing a Lennar built home now, or in the future.
Again, we have asked Lennar to take care of these issues that we feel should never have happened to our home, but Lennar feels they are no longer responsible.
After filing a complaint with the BBB, Lennar doesn't seem to care that one of their customers is having these types of issues with one of their "Everything's Included" homes either.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unprofessional Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "We are residents of Wyndham Lakes Estates in Orlando. We have drainage issues, the soil that was brought in by Lennar does not percolates, therefore, the yard is always wet,..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "I have purchased several products from Essential Dermcare over the past few years. I have had two specific problems. One item wa sold in a glass dispenser, part of which..."
- "Ordered a DVR Car Camera ($84.28) on 12/12/2015. They deducted the money from my account, but never sent an order number. I contacted them via their ticketing site, gave them..."