Legend Boats - Stitching Rotted on Legend Boat Enclosure
Although we have been happy so far with our Legend Bayshore pontoon boat as it is going into its fourth summer, I cannot say the same about the full enclosure we bought with it nor the registration numbers we paid extra to have put on.The canvas that the cover is made from is fine, the seams however are not.
The stitching is coming out and turns to powder if you roll the thread between your fingers. We have to get our WHOLE cover re-stitched at our expense. The canvas shop we are using says it appears that indoor thread was used or else it was of very poor quality to begin with. Our registration numbers are peeling off and curling towards the middle.
When contacted, Legend's head office referred us to the Innisfil location. They were sympathetic but said it was all due to UV rays and it wasn't under warranty. Well DUH ...It's a boat! Boats are most likely to be in full sun when they are in the water!
I have never has boat numbers peel off any other boat. One of ours is 30 years old and sits in full sun! I am shocked that Legend would cut corners in this fashion. Their products are not cheap.
Legend promotes itself as proud to produce a Made in Canada product. If better thread and better decals cost a little more, we would have willingly paid it to get quality products. This experience makes me wonder where else they may have cut corners? The seats??
The welding???The quality of the aluminum??
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canvas Boat Enclosure
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Purchased built monster transmission for over 4k rated at 750rwhp came with 90day warranty, trans went after 10k miles spent 6 months monster running me around with "electrical issues" finally..."
- "Bought a boat a the Toronto Boat Show. One of the factors that made us buy from the head office rep was the way they did the orientation on the..."
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "On November 19, 2016 I purchased a leather recliner sofa and love seat from your Barrie location. Delivery was set up for Friday November 25, 2016. I received a call..."
- "Barrie bathfitters did a complete install including shower / bath faucet assy. In one of the pictures you can see the water spraying out from the lower valve body housing..."
- "Have been trying to get a broken sofa latch replaced for about 6 weeks with no luck...customer service sucks...do not buy from this company..."