Legend Boats - Stitching Rotted on Legend Boat Enclosure
Although we have been happy so far with our Legend Bayshore pontoon boat as it is going into its fourth summer, I cannot say the same about the full enclosure we bought with it nor the registration numbers we paid extra to have put on.The canvas that the cover is made from is fine, the seams however are not.
The stitching is coming out and turns to powder if you roll the thread between your fingers. We have to get our WHOLE cover re-stitched at our expense. The canvas shop we are using says it appears that indoor thread was used or else it was of very poor quality to begin with. Our registration numbers are peeling off and curling towards the middle.
When contacted, Legend's head office referred us to the Innisfil location. They were sympathetic but said it was all due to UV rays and it wasn't under warranty. Well DUH ...It's a boat! Boats are most likely to be in full sun when they are in the water!
I have never has boat numbers peel off any other boat. One of ours is 30 years old and sits in full sun! I am shocked that Legend would cut corners in this fashion. Their products are not cheap.
Legend promotes itself as proud to produce a Made in Canada product. If better thread and better decals cost a little more, we would have willingly paid it to get quality products. This experience makes me wonder where else they may have cut corners? The seats??
The welding???The quality of the aluminum??
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canvas Boat Enclosure
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- "I first went to www.carid.com to price wheels. I saw that their wheels were reasonable priced so I decided to purchased 4 wheels with rims. They first gave me a..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "Barrie bathfitters did a complete install including shower / bath faucet assy. In one of the pictures you can see the water spraying out from the lower valve body housing..."
- "Have been trying to get a broken sofa latch replaced for about 6 weeks with no luck...customer service sucks...do not buy from this company..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."