Legal Affiliates Group - TOBEY WEST LOAN MODIFICATION SCAM ARTIST

3 of 4 Legal Affiliates Group reviews

Tobey West, Tobias I.A. West, Todd West, Todd Goodman owner of Family 1st Home Preservations, Legal Affiliates Group, Loan Educators, Family First Home Preservation Services. Tobey uses the alias Todd so people don’t know his real name. I was an employee of Tobey and I know personally he has ripped off all his clients. He never submitted one file to the bank. He just takes client’s money and then never does anything to help them. He also doesn’t pay commissions to his sales people. Everything I was told to tell my clients was prefabricated on a script that we are told to use or we would be fired. Tobey also parades his Arab wife around the office. He buys her Gucci and Prada purses meanwhile clients are losing their houses and his employees aren’t getting paid.

Tobey uses a virtual office and claims his company is based out of Beverly Hills, CA but the truth is, he is located in a Downtown Los Angeles. His exact physical address is 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010. Tobey West also hangs his California Real Estate License at Nourmand and Associates located at 6525 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA.

According to California law SB94 it is illegal for ANYONE in the state of California to collect an upfront fee for a loan modification. If you are a victim of Tobey West you can contact the California Department of Real Estate and the Federal Trade Commission FTC.

Tobias I.A. West California Department of Real Estate #01485673.

Do not let this *** take advantage of you. He will take your money and not save your house.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
3 of 4 Legal Affiliates Group reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 27 #1101762

Tobias West AKA Eric Decker has been running a scam company at 3530 Wilshire Blvd, LA, CA 90010 Suite #699!
He let go of all of his employees and didnt pay them for 3 or more weeks of work. Now he is claiming he is bankrupt and will not pay anybody ! DO NOT APPLY WITH SELECT STUDENT QUOTE TO CONSOLIDADTE YOUR STUDENT LOANS OR BEVERLY HILLA TAX SOLUTIONS TO FIX YOUR TAXES THOSE ARE THE SCAMS HE IS RUNNING NOW!

Jan 25 #1100760

as of 1/25/16 he has been going by the name eric decker and running a new student loan scam from 3050 wilshire blvd ca suite 669

Jan 26 #1101256

3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 699-699A, Los Angeles, CA 90010 Correct Address

VivianCampos99

Jul 26, 2014 #846561

My name is Vivian Campos. Tobias West ruined my life. I was a mother of 3 with beautiful house and loving husband. I was contacted by a person that worked at Legal Affiliates Group in Beverly Hills Calofornia. He told me if I paid them 1995.00 they could drop my payment by 50% and I didn't have to make my mortgagee payment. I trusted them. After paying them the money I never heard from them again. Shortly after the loss of communications contact the bank only to find out they are a scam. Because of them we lost our home and my husband divorced me. The only reason I have to live is because of my church. I am not angry with Tobias I know he will face Jesus one day and have to explain himself then. Please stop him from ruining other peoples lives.

6 0 Reply
Stan

Jul 25, 2014 #845605 Spokane, Washington, United States

I found out Kamol now has all bank accts in her name. Once I have Komals full name she's going all over the Internet. All the scammers will be exposed. One of the people that testified said Komals family is part of Al Qaeda. We need to get the FBI into this. I bet he's funneling money to the Arabs.

6 0 Reply

Jan 05 #1088948

Kamal West-

0 0 Reply
Patty F

Jul 25, 2014 #845577

......let me add MY experience and complaint!!... I am also a victim of his SCAMS. He is creative.... in all the wrong and illegal areas. He is mindful and motivated in STEALING from innocent homeowners, and if he would be humble and honest, then he would make things right and give us victims our money back... The longer he waits, the more it is going to cost him....not only money but also jail time. He has a wife and a son...is he that smart to teach his son that stealing and going to jail is cool? Karma. karma. it'll come around....
Tobey West....just make it right, give us our money back that you stole, and hand over those bank records...if you claim you are 'innocent'. ....or WE will not stop until we have justice! YOU scammed us and We do not stand for that!

4 0 Reply
Stanly Sloth

Jul 25, 2014 #845552 Boca Raton, Florida, United States

Tobey West a creative, mindful, and motivated agent
Posted on December 5, 2013
Tobey West a creative, mindful, and motivated agent Tobey West a creative, mindful, and motivated agent with all the compassion and drive that promotes him. Tobey West was pro for ten years in the financial industry. As a manager Tobey West was a motivating leader, and a humble follower. Always make sure the smartest man […]
Posted on December 5, 2013
Tobey West Testimonials I have had the opportunity to work with Tobey West on many different real estate deals and projects over the past...

0 5 Reply
Stanley

Jul 24, 2014 #845178 Spokane, Washington, United States

Roger (or should we just call you Tobey) this guy can be the greatest real estate agent but the bottom line for the past 8 years he's been running a modification scam operation out of downtown Los Angeles bilking hundreds of homeowners out of thousands of dollars. We've already got sworn testimony from multiple sources implicating Tobey for his participation in the scam.

3 0 Reply
Roger M

Jul 23, 2014 #844911

Tobey West Testimonials
I have had the opportunity to work with Tobey West on many different real estate deals and projects over the past 7 years. Tobey West has always been an absolute pleasure to work with. He understands customer service and the real estate industry better than anyone I’ve met. His personality is contagious, and he makes the search for the perfect home or office enjoyable. I have only had positive results when I have worked with Tobey West. It is always a pleasure to work with Tobey West during the stressful times of selling and buying real estate. He has always been very honest and forthcoming. I would recommend Tobey West to anyone that has real estate needs.

~Sally J. Los Angeles, CA
Tobey West very highly. He is a great person and an incredible realtor! When we decided that we were ready to transition to a larger home we got in touch with Tobey West for some help and advice. We had the benefit of having known Tobey West and his family since the time we were kids which made our decision to use him as our agent easy. He is someone that we both felt that we could trust without question as we began the process of looking for a new home. Tobey West always made time for us when we were available to look through homes that we were interested in. Eventually we found the perfect home and Tobey West represented us and coached us through the entire process. He made the experience enjoyable and exciting.

When we first decided to sell our home we

0 6 Reply
Jack Stan

Jul 23, 2014 #844910

No. 1. Understand the odds. Truth be told, the deck is really stacked against you. Through most of 2010, fewer than half all loan modifications were successful, and there are continuing doubts about how many people the program has been able to help. If you understand those odds right off the bat, you'll eliminate any unpleasant surprises.
Why hasn't HAMP gained more traction? For one, HAMP is voluntary. Only Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lenders are required to participate. Other lenders only participate if they want to, and they get to make up different modification strategies or rules as they see fit. Lender participation has also suffered due to constantly changing rules which make it difficult for mortgage lenders to update their procedures and train their employees accordingly.
Understanding this alone, it's no wonder that so few homeowners have successfully gotten permanent HAMP modifications.
No. 2. Document every step. Two almost-universal experiences related by those seeking HAMP modifications are the constant miscommunication and the repeated loss of documents. Too often our readers have shared stories of how they receive one explanation from one representative and a completely different explanation to the same issue from a different employee the next time they call.
This kind of behavior may be unintentional -- for example, the collection department of the

2 4 Reply
Theresa M

Jul 23, 2014 #844907

~Sally J. Los Angeles, CA

When we first decided to sell our home we

0 5 Reply
Jake Austin

Jun 26, 2014 #832485

He's trying to get back in business. Beware. http://tobeywest.com/tobey-west-profile

1 1 Reply

Oct 11, 2013 #728032

I just posted this on a couple of other sites: Wow, the Universe and karma are still allowing this guy to breath? Unbelievable. I worked for this POS in the first half of 2007, just before the mortgage crash. It's guys like Tobey and his partner Corey W. that were part of the problem. I first worked for them (along with 4-6 or so other guys) at Fidelity in Century City and Korea town. Tobey and Corey (Douches de Deux as my email folder is titled) then boogied (taking us Junior Loan Officers with them) and set up shop at 3701 Highland in Manhattan Beach as Clarity One Financial. We worked 10-12 hours a day and were to be paid on commission only, all the while being exposed to their evil and greedy business practices. Every step they made was illegal and/or unethical though I only *heard* (wink, wink) about bank statements being photo-shopped before being sent to processing. The family of one of the JLO was going through them for a refi, and Douches de Deux tried to sneak in a 5 pt commission and higher interest rates. When the guy came to work and asked about it, tiny Tobey puffed his chest and fired the kid. I myself was there for about 5 months and had made $1,100, getting screwed on my first deal of course, and was just waiting for a second deal to go through so I could have another $7,500 to show for my time, but they fired me a couple of weeks before the client signed the papers . I was supposed to get commission, but of course didn't. A group of us filed a futile... Show more

4 0 Reply
apfrau

Jul 12, 2013 #679375

If you were scammed by him or Family 1st Home Preservation, or Legal Affiliates Group, please send me your Name, email and phone # to: chmeitli@me.com. I am collecting the names of as many victims as possible....! Thanks
PF 7/12713

2 0 Reply
dont get scammed

May 21, 2013 #654041

Do not let these people get away with taking your money. Too personally file a complaint with Tobey/Todd West please make complaints to Nourmand and Associates at 6525 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. Speak with Howard Lorey. They have to contact the DRE to notify them of the illegal collection of funds. Tobey West also uses a virtual office located at 433 N Camden Drive #609 Beverly Hills, CA. This is not a physical address. To show up at his office please go to 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010.

Tobias (Tobey) West, Owner/ Licensed REALTOR IN CALIFORNIA, License with the Department of Real Estate #01485673
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ... Show more

scammedbytobeywest

May 21, 2013 #654029

Tobias I.A. West California Department of Real Estate #01485673.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.