Cypress, Texas
2.1K views 21 comments

I bought a new Legacy 32 X 60 double wide in late 2008 to replace the one destroyed by hurricane Ike.Big mistake.

Within a few months I began discovering structural problems. It started with humps in the floors and progressed to bowed walls, cracked siding, and now black mold growing where the cracks have let in rain water. The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has inspected the home on three seperate occasions and ordered Legacy to fix it all three times.

TDHCA has even levied a fine ($2500) against Legacy for failure to comply, but none of that seems to matter.Legacy does not seem to be interested in making this right, and TDHCA doesn't seem to be willing or able to make them.

Review about: Heritage Manufactured Home.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $65
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Legacy Housing?

Comments

Duped in Santa Fe

bought a legacy 18x80.Were supposed to be in July 1.

Still waiting. One nightmare after another. This was bought in Santa Fe, nm. We tried to hook up the gas, the pipe was broken during delivery.

All our furniture has been to new place. The wrong size of electric box was put in. No legimate electrician will touch it. Its September 18th.

Still waiting. Next step attorney generals office.

Run potential buyers.Duped in Santa Fe

to Duped in Santa Fe Gilmer, Texas, United States #830571

Go to Facebook and find "Legacy Manufactured Homes." Send that lady an email and tell her about this. She is getting people together who got ripped-off by Legacy.

bud

my sister maxine purchased a legacy 18X80 over two months ago, the house was delivered last week.home made steps unsafe to use.

door sticking, vinal siding missing, house very poorly set. no skirting, unless we pay extra. very cheap appliances. cheap carpet, very poorly installed, vinal square floring in kitchen comming loose.

and the seller is a LLC company east of conroe tx. doesent want to b bothered with it. $47,000. my poor sister has been royaly screwed.

(her mistake, was paying cash money and not a well known dealer.) ser. #nta1594545 frame #Lh213tx3847 this is MY opinion.

not well built or sales handled properly.marvin

Marma Rogers

We got our new custom ordered Legacy home last December.It was to be our retirement home but I don't think it will last even 5 years.

We thought we were getting wood cabinets and floors. The floors are vinyl and the cabinets are wood patterned paper on top of thin pressed wood. We payed a lot of money for updates. The sinks and bathtubs are plastic and like everyone else we've had the doors that don't shut, popping in the floor and a whole host of other issues.

I feel we've been duped.

All our money went into this home.So we have a quickly deteriorating home on a beautiful piece of land.

to Marma Rogers #775960

my husb.. and i also purchase a home from legacy that even six months ago and the floor all ready poping up cabinets crack and a lot of more detailing its a ripoff im traying to find a good lawer to sue hope i find one

Kirk

I have been in the construction industry for over 22 years and know what constitutes quality construction; you will regret your purchase of a Legacy home as long as you own it.We bought an 18’ x 80’ single wide as a convenience while working a contract job because rent and sale prices of homes in a booming oil producing area are way over priced.

We purchased our home from “Oasis Homes” in Carlsbad, NM, a dealer for Legacy.

Gilbert (owner of Oasis) is a practiced stereotypical "used car" salesman. He can undersell anybody on a new home because he sells the poorest quality manufactured homes made in the US. If there are any US citizens (as their web site claims) building these homes, they should be ashamed of the lack of quality (even bare minimum) put into constructing these units! The only quality control Legacy has is if the home doesn’t fall off of the frame when they tow it down the road!!

They look just good enough until you actually spend some time in one of these shacks.

Holes left in the roof from nails used during transport, roof vents siliconed (won’t stick) to asphalt shingles, broken shingles, Flooring popping up, carpet wrinkled, loose air nails left in carpet, squeaking floors, trim barely attached, windows leak, hot water tank lines not plumbed correctly, doors won't close/lock, missing screws from hinges, missing appliance (cheapest available) parts, cabinet doors not level and the vinyl covering peeling off,...

rxdan
to Kirk Corpus Christi, Texas, United States #639208

THANKS FOR THE HEADSUP.MY WIFE AND I WERE STRONGLY LEANING TOWARD A PORCH MODEL.

THE SALES MAN SAID LIST WAS 87,OO0. BUT HE'D LET ME HAVE IN FOR 70,000.

THEN WE SAW IT IN BOERNE, TX AT 59,900.I SAW A FEW FLAWS ON THE MODEL, BUT KNOWING NOW THAT THEY ARE A HUNK OF JUNK, I JUST SAVED MYSELF A LOT OF GRIEF.

Insider

You get what you pay for. Legacy homes are the cheapest in price cause they are the cheapest made.

to Insider #775962

i think that a $55,000 house its not cheap people purchase what they can affrd and that because of that they r going to get crappy made homes

jj
to Insider Chicago, Illinois, United States #822099

Im looking to get a legacy house I stay in bryan college station are they a good place to get my home