Legacy Grooming - My Dog Was Choked At The Groomers
On March 12 at 11:15am I took my 1 year old dog, Reese to the groomers for the very first time. Upon arrival and during my initial phone conversations with them, I informed the owner this was my dogs very first visit to the groomer. I was reassured that they would take their time and be gentle with her as the first time at the groomers is very important and it was their primary goal to create a positive experience for her. I was told when dropping her off that she would be ready for pick up in about 2 ½ to 3 hours.
At 2:09pm I received a call from the groomer stating they would be finished with Reese in about 10 minutes but if I could please come sooner rather than later since Reese didn’t like being in the cage. Since my husband and I were already in route it took us about 5 to 10 minute to arrive. When we arrived we saw Reese waiting for us in the main grooming area. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed apparent until we got home. That’s when we noticed her hiding in the corner of our living area away from our other 2 dogs and acting very strange. At the time my husband and I just thought she was stressed about the grooming experience.
It wasn’t until around 8pm that my husband noticed blood pooled in the bottom of both of her eyes. We found the nearest pet emergency clinic put her in the car and took her to the 24 hour animal emergency care. And then again back to our personal veterinary office on Monday March 14th.
To sum it all up, it was determined that Reese had been choked. It is unclear how specifically this happened, but we were told by our vet that she had to have been without oxygen for a “length of time” to have caused the blood vessels in her eyes to pop which caused the bleeding. This has been a very traumatic experience for her (AND US).
We have made several attempts to speak to the owner by going to two of her grooming locations on 3 separate occasions but have been unsuccessful in speaking to her directly. Please help! This is absolutely unacceptable. We are so very thankful that Reese does not have lasting injuries (or even killed) from this.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will never recommend to anyone
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We took our dog to camp Bow Wow in San Antonio, TX Northwest while on vacation. When we returned, we picked him up and the card they gave us which..."
- "THEY SAID THE PUPPY WAS CRATE TRAINED, PUPPY PAD TRAINED, AND SOCIALIZED!!! REALLY? DOG WAS SCARED TO DEATH!!!! USED THE BATHROOM IN THE HOUSE. NO MORE CRATE TRAINED THAN I..."
- "Freddy was exactly one year old when i took him into Banfield in Midtown, Miami to get neutered. I picked him up after his surgery, and the doctor told me..."
- "I once was an excited oreo customer. But now I am in full disappointment. I myself opperate my own business, so you have my understanding. But with that said, my..."
- "My names is Jose Lopez I never go back to the Waffle House location 1422 tx the employee are lazy dirty uniform the store is very..."
- "As a child until recently could not stop eating them, even said whoever made this recipe was a Genius. And I am not even a cookie person in fact that..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "My product was crushed and busted and does not work i would like another one please..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."