Spring, Texas
1.5K views 5 comments
100% full Not resolved

I am taking my time and effort to write this review hoping that one less person could be saved from a unnecessary financial disaster.

There is no free lunch. The FREE workshop at the beginning was not free after all.

$530 for 2 people for the three-day workshop that promised to teach you about short sales, contracts, banking relationships, wholesale, assignments, portfolio strategy and asset protection was overpriced. The instructor, Lauri Waddell, taught you less than what you can Google online.

My friend wanted to learn about Asset Protection. She was told on Day 3 of the seminar that you should just get an attorney and a CPA.

To save you $530 and 3 days of your life, here is what they share with you at the workshop:

0. "This company" is a publicly traded company. (I could not validate this claim online.) And that everything they do is regulated by the SEC.

1. Mobile home park is a sure way to invest and build up monthly passive income.

2. Lauri Waddell's life story (40% of the time). I looked her up, all of her online presence seems to be self-created. There was no other recognition from any organization other than Elite Legacy Education. There is an online reference to her husband's Iowa engineering firm though.

3. The Mentorship program (50% of the time) that will cost you $52,500 for 2 people. Mind that the contract and printed material state that the mentoring only lasts 30 days.

4. Some unrealistic illustrative examples on wholesales and short sales.

5. Charge this ridiculously expensive "education" of $52,500 onto your "Investor Card", aka. Credit Card....and get yourself into consumer debt.

Fun fact: on Saturday, 7/23/2016, at the IAH Marriott Hotel, within 3 hours, the word mentor was used by Lauri Waddell for 82 times, according to a fellow attendee.

Read this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3mluj0/rich_dad_legacy_education_is_having_a_seminar_at/

Important: Many of us went back to the workshop on the second day, because we already paid for it. But, I did not go back for the third day. If you think about the value of your time, 12 hours (and, yes, you will spend over 12 hours a day at the 3-day workshop; 2-4 hours for commute, 1-2 hour to get ready in the morning and 10 hours just to listen to Lauri's maybe-not-true life story), then you would not do the 3-day workshop or that initial FREE workshop.

My advise: Run when you see "Rich Dad" or "Elite Legacy Education" and pass on the word so less people risk their live and livelihood on this scam.

A question to ponder: why hasn't the government punish this company already?

Review about: Real Estate Elite Training.

I didn't like: Waste of class time, Under delivering what was promised.

Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Complete Fraud / $3000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Legacy Education Alliance?

Comments

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #1308457

Lauri, Brandon and the team are not the sharpest tools in the shed.Went to the event March 18, 2017.

They wasted everyones time and compared themselves as holier than thou, especially when they got mad at me for stating previous reviews.They are liars, disrespectful and should be embarrassed to be in the organization.

Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom #1299468

This is so true, just attended 50% of a 3 day course at the NEC in Birmingham! Had to leave once the price list landed, the premium package at a 'negotiable £40k' seemed a little steep

Bloomfield, New Jersey, United States #1267815

95% sales pitch, the rest education. mostly wasted time.

LegacyEducationAllianceCa
Legacy Education Alliance Verified Representative

Good day and thank you for your feedback.The free workshop is indeed free though we do sell additional products toward the end of the session.

The three-day basic training is the first step towards achieving financial independence and while it is true that you may find useful information online, there is also a great deal of misinformation on Google not to mention the inability to engage with the educator or network with other students directly. Legacy Education Alliance is publicly traded (http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/LEAI/quote) and therefore everything we say and do is compliant with the SEC. Each and everyone of our speakers is therefore heavily vetted. Robert Kiyosaki says: "There is always risk.

Your job is to learn to manage risk rather than avoid it". This quote rings true with our students. The risk in this scenario is whether or not you will rise to the challenge. We are not a get-rich-quick-scheme and hours must be put in if you want to succeed.

Resources must also be invested and in order to properly manage risk, you must decide whether or not you are fit to participate in our Elite program.

We do not foment actions that may lead to further financial distress as this is contrary to our teachings.Regards.

Tony

BS, this is a total scam!