LEAPPAD UPDATE DELETES YOUR DIGITAL APPS AND LEAPFROG SUPPORT REFUSES TO REPLACE THEM IF YOU ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER OR DON'T HAVE OR CAN'T LOGIN TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASERS ACCOUNT INFORMATION!
THE MANDATORY LEAPFROG LEAPPAD SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE THAT YOUR UNIT WILL RECEIVE IF YOU USE THEIR SOFTWARE TO CONNECT IT TO THEIR WEBSITE CAN/WILL DELETE SOME OF YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD APPS.THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE AND THEY HAVE A SUPPORT ARTICLE http://leapfrog.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2305
THAT SUPPOSEDLY EXPLAINS HOW TO RESOLVE IT.
IN MY CASE THE ARTICLE PROVED TO BE USELESS AS THE UNIT WAS OBTAINED WITH THE INCLUDED THE GAMES BUT NOT THE LOGIN INFORMATION, LONG FORGOTTEN BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER AS IT WAS SETUP MANY YEARS BEFORE AND THEY HAVE CHANGED ISPS AND THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS. THERE IS NO WARNING ON ANY OF LEAPFROG'S WEBSITE, PACKAGING, MANUAL ETC. THAT WARNS YOU OF THE LOSS SO THAT YOU AS A CONSUMER MAY MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. NOW YOU HAVE A UPSET CHILD(REN) THAT HAVE LOST THEIR PROGRESS AND CAN'T PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE.
IT GETS BETTER...I CONTACTED LEAPFROG SUPPORT AND WAS PROMISED THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT BY THE FIRST AGENT. THEN NINE DAYS LATER I RECEIVED A TICKET CLOSURE NOTIFICATION THAT IT'S ENTIRE CONTENTS WAS AS FOLLOWS "Your request for assistance cannot be accepted because your email address is not registered with an existing account." I HAVE PICTURES I TOOK OF THE SCREEN SHOWING THE APP(S) THAT WERE GONE BUT AS YOU CAN SEE THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED IN THAT AS THEY HAVE SYSTEM SETUP THAT DEPRIVES SUBSEQUENT OWNERS OF THEIR RIGHT TO THE SOFTWARE THEY ACQUIRED AND HAVE THE LICENSE TO USE.
AS THE ACCOUNT ACCESS IS PREDICATE ON KNOWING AND HAVING THE EMAIL ADDRESS USED MEANS THIS COULD HAPPEN TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER AS WELL IF THEY COULD NOT RECALL THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND OR DID NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS ANYMORE.I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU CONSIDER THIS WHEN CONSIDERING PURCHASING A GAME/LEARNING SYSTEM.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Technical and customer service skills
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- RESTORE THE MISSING APPLICATIONS
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leapfrog Leappad
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER..."
- "I had placed an (dell laptop) order 103-1253225-4398657 on Amazon on 1st of october costed me around 62250 INR ($948) and its been 23 days, I have not received my product..."
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "My issue is with order XXXXXXX placed on 11/11/13. As you can see it has not been delivered in it's entirety, I am awaiting one of the rear shocks. I..."
- "I paid Home Depot $40,000 to redo the roof & skylights last summer & it has been a nightmare now for 8 months. Home Depot has not touched any of..."