LEAPPAD UPDATE DELETES YOUR DIGITAL APPS AND LEAPFROG SUPPORT REFUSES TO REPLACE THEM IF YOU ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER OR DON'T HAVE OR CAN'T LOGIN TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASERS ACCOUNT INFORMATION!
THE MANDATORY LEAPFROG LEAPPAD SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE THAT YOUR UNIT WILL RECEIVE IF YOU USE THEIR SOFTWARE TO CONNECT IT TO THEIR WEBSITE CAN/WILL DELETE SOME OF YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD APPS.THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE AND THEY HAVE A SUPPORT ARTICLE http://leapfrog.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2305
THAT SUPPOSEDLY EXPLAINS HOW TO RESOLVE IT.
IN MY CASE THE ARTICLE PROVED TO BE USELESS AS THE UNIT WAS OBTAINED WITH THE INCLUDED THE GAMES BUT NOT THE LOGIN INFORMATION, LONG FORGOTTEN BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER AS IT WAS SETUP MANY YEARS BEFORE AND THEY HAVE CHANGED ISPS AND THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS. THERE IS NO WARNING ON ANY OF LEAPFROG'S WEBSITE, PACKAGING, MANUAL ETC. THAT WARNS YOU OF THE LOSS SO THAT YOU AS A CONSUMER MAY MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. NOW YOU HAVE A UPSET CHILD(REN) THAT HAVE LOST THEIR PROGRESS AND CAN'T PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE.
IT GETS BETTER...I CONTACTED LEAPFROG SUPPORT AND WAS PROMISED THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT BY THE FIRST AGENT. THEN NINE DAYS LATER I RECEIVED A TICKET CLOSURE NOTIFICATION THAT IT'S ENTIRE CONTENTS WAS AS FOLLOWS "Your request for assistance cannot be accepted because your email address is not registered with an existing account." I HAVE PICTURES I TOOK OF THE SCREEN SHOWING THE APP(S) THAT WERE GONE BUT AS YOU CAN SEE THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED IN THAT AS THEY HAVE SYSTEM SETUP THAT DEPRIVES SUBSEQUENT OWNERS OF THEIR RIGHT TO THE SOFTWARE THEY ACQUIRED AND HAVE THE LICENSE TO USE.
AS THE ACCOUNT ACCESS IS PREDICATE ON KNOWING AND HAVING THE EMAIL ADDRESS USED MEANS THIS COULD HAPPEN TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER AS WELL IF THEY COULD NOT RECALL THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND OR DID NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS ANYMORE.I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU CONSIDER THIS WHEN CONSIDERING PURCHASING A GAME/LEARNING SYSTEM.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Technical and customer service skills
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- RESTORE THE MISSING APPLICATIONS
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leapfrog Leappad
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a lenovo g4030 on jan 22, 2015. it was supposedly a gift for myself since my bday is on feb 9th. unfortunately there was a problem with the..."
- "Ordered Xtream Media Server Pro-3800 Dec 23rd 2009 was told server would arrive Dec 29th 2009-Never showed! Januray 12th a Dirty, Used,dented server without owners manual, covered in greasy finger..."
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "My issue is with order XXXXXXX placed on 11/11/13. As you can see it has not been delivered in it's entirety, I am awaiting one of the rear shocks. I..."
- "I paid Home Depot $40,000 to redo the roof & skylights last summer & it has been a nightmare now for 8 months. Home Depot has not touched any of..."