Leak Tech Specialist - The roofer did not refund me
On 6/18/2016, I hired Leak-Tech-Specialist to take a free roof estimation and fix roof leaking right away if it is possible at my home in Houston. I got company information from Thumbtack.
I have a three stories home. There are some leaks on the second story ceiling and drywall after heavy rains. Those leaking areas are just beneath my third floor balcony. Previously there are some companies came in and took a look. They could not give me certain diagnose for this problem. Mr. Jean Travis from Leak-Tech-Specialist accessed to the third floor attic and found out there is a small area leaking on the roof. He is pretty confidence that second floor leaking caused by this. He worked around 1 hour and sealed the leaking and other possible leaking area. He charged me $750.00 cash and 10 years warranty for this service. After that I have talk to my friends and searched on the internet. I also called some other companies. Their service fee is different from Mr. Jean Travis. Lei Roofing will charge me $350.00 depend on the leaking area. Another company, G.T.O will charge me from $275 to $750 depend on leaking area. So, I fell Leak-Tech-Specialist charge me too much. I wrote to Mr. Jean Travis about this. We bargained several times. Finally we got an agreement that both of us could accepted. I will get $300.00 refund without warranty (because the ceiling still leaks after heavy rain, which indicated the leaking is not mainly from roof). While my real nightmare starts from this. Mr. Jean Travis said he had sent out check to me at least three times, 6/27/16, 7/7/16 and 7/14/16. I have not received it because he made mistake on my mailing address. He promised to send it again. But I did not receive it again. I wrote and called to Mr. Jean Travis. This time he even blocked my phone and did not reply to me. Now I am in a very bad situation, no refund and no warranty.
I am writing to let you know here is such a dishonest business man using this website to do business and he should be kicked out from here. Otherwise, the victim is only myself but more other customers.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "I hate and I mean hate this company 17%....really and my car payment is $479. This was the worst mistake ever. This was my first car loan and I was..."
- "Waited over two hours for delivery. The delivery guy argues that I didn't pay by card. I owed cash. Trying to run game. My food was cold and soggy. Even..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "i trusted a friend and signed up, within 20 minutes of making my first order i called in because i wanted to cancel it, i didn't notice that there was..."