Leaders Casual Furniture - Horrible Customer Service
This review will be a little lengthy because I want potential customers to really understand how bad this company is regarding standing behind their products. I purchased a patio set (and a matching bistro table with four chairs) in 12/2012. I paid $4,200. I purchased from Leaders due to their alleged reputation, service and quality.
Well 2.5 years later I realized what a mistake this was. I noticed that the fabric on one of the patio cushions was disintegrating and covered in holes. This cushion is partly exposed to sunlight. I was reassured in the store when I purchased the item that the cushions would last "ten years or more" in all outdoor conditions. I specifically asked the question because I had another set in the past (not from Leaders) and when the cushions broke down, the cost to replace them was the cost of a whole new set. The manager (who of course is no longer with the company) was adamant that these were made of quality material and that would not happen. This naturally was coupled with the sales pitch of "this is why you purchase from us because we sell quality merchandise and we stand behind our products". I selected my fabric partly based on his recommendation to get the "woven" fabric as opposed to the "flat" fabric as it had better chances not to fade from the sun.
Now, fast forward to now. I called Leaders to ask if there was anything they could do for me with my unfortunate situation. I was told there was nothing they could offer because my warranty expired (which was one year and located on the back of the receipt in microscopic print) and the cost to replace the fabric would be $190 per seat. With no other options, I figured I didn't have a choice as what am I going to do with a "naked" cushion. Not a very classy look for sure. I provided her the number assigned to my fabric which I obtained from my original receipt. Well lo and behold this fabric is discontinued. Now my only choice is to purchase all new fabric for all of the cushions or have an unmatched set. Again, not nice. So....long story short, Leaders so "graciously" offered to provide me 25% off of new fabric for all of the cushions ($142.50 per cushion). For all of my cushions, the grand total of my purchase would be $855. If you're wondering, this offer was from the home office and not the local store. I feel misled and cheated and am incredibly dissatisfied.
I learned some very valuable lessons: 1. Don't believe salespeople. They probably work on commission and will lie to get you to make a purchase and 2. Be sure to read the microscopic print. In this case that your warranty is really only one year and not the ten that was eluded to by the store manager/salesperson.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full replacement of all cushions
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Patio Sectional Furniture
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "these people deserve to get thrown on the streets.discusting country and discusting people. im having the same problem with returning my *** dresses and they will not comply with sending..."
- "It is amusing that people don't get plastic will melt in the summer heat and then blame their stupidity on a company. The scent circles contain oil and DO contain..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "Two chests shipped by UPS were destroyed in transit. UPs refuses to accept liability and bounces me to the local shipping agent, who bounces me back to UPS. UPS then..."
- "I bought top of the line Pergo Flooring with the Gold under layment and some sort of seal for below that. We were told it had a lifetime warranty and..."