Leaders Casual Furniture - Horrible Customer Service
This review will be a little lengthy because I want potential customers to really understand how bad this company is regarding standing behind their products. I purchased a patio set (and a matching bistro table with four chairs) in 12/2012. I paid $4,200. I purchased from Leaders due to their alleged reputation, service and quality.
Well 2.5 years later I realized what a mistake this was. I noticed that the fabric on one of the patio cushions was disintegrating and covered in holes. This cushion is partly exposed to sunlight. I was reassured in the store when I purchased the item that the cushions would last "ten years or more" in all outdoor conditions. I specifically asked the question because I had another set in the past (not from Leaders) and when the cushions broke down, the cost to replace them was the cost of a whole new set. The manager (who of course is no longer with the company) was adamant that these were made of quality material and that would not happen. This naturally was coupled with the sales pitch of "this is why you purchase from us because we sell quality merchandise and we stand behind our products". I selected my fabric partly based on his recommendation to get the "woven" fabric as opposed to the "flat" fabric as it had better chances not to fade from the sun.
Now, fast forward to now. I called Leaders to ask if there was anything they could do for me with my unfortunate situation. I was told there was nothing they could offer because my warranty expired (which was one year and located on the back of the receipt in microscopic print) and the cost to replace the fabric would be $190 per seat. With no other options, I figured I didn't have a choice as what am I going to do with a "naked" cushion. Not a very classy look for sure. I provided her the number assigned to my fabric which I obtained from my original receipt. Well lo and behold this fabric is discontinued. Now my only choice is to purchase all new fabric for all of the cushions or have an unmatched set. Again, not nice. So....long story short, Leaders so "graciously" offered to provide me 25% off of new fabric for all of the cushions ($142.50 per cushion). For all of my cushions, the grand total of my purchase would be $855. If you're wondering, this offer was from the home office and not the local store. I feel misled and cheated and am incredibly dissatisfied.
I learned some very valuable lessons: 1. Don't believe salespeople. They probably work on commission and will lie to get you to make a purchase and 2. Be sure to read the microscopic print. In this case that your warranty is really only one year and not the ten that was eluded to by the store manager/salesperson.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full replacement of all cushions
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Patio Sectional Furniture
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought my 14KW in the summer of 2012. I told the dealer I was rebuilding my house after a "Fire" and I also said I was looking for something..."
- "We went to Save a lot to buy a few things like we always do but this week May-21-2015 we picked up a Gallon of 2% milk (White) and got..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "I purchased a complete bedroom set, over 4,000 plus a 300 dollars for a 5 year warranty that was supposed to cover even accidental damages. after two years with this..."
- "I prepaid for a vacation at Westgate and agreed to a 90 presentation. Unfortunately I had a medical emergency & went to the front desk an hour and half..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."