Shasta Lake, California
1.7K views 9 comments

Dec 2013, fell in love with ring advertised by Kay Jewelers on tv. Purchased the ring. Long story short.....Kay jewelers replaced diamond that fell out. Since I live over an hour from where I purchased the ring, I could not take it back when the same diamond fell out a 2nd time. After run around with Harry Richie Jewelers, I contacted Levian Corp. myself. They were very helpful and replaced the same diamond when it fell out 2 more times. According to their warranty after the 3rd time, they replaced the ring. I received replacement in a timely manner. That was March 23, 2015. June 13, 2015 a corner diamond fell out of new ring. I just sent it back to Levian yesterday.

I had better luck contacting Levian Corp and they stood behind their warranty. Anyone can call them at 516 466-7200. Explain your problem to them. Forget the store where you bought the ring. If you need to send one in, send to Levian Corp. 235 Greatneck Rd, Greatneck, NY 11021.

I will have to wait and see if the new replacement stays in the ring, otherwise, I may be seeking a refund as well. I love the ring, but, it costs me $25 everytime I send it back for postage and insurance. I'm not going to trust USPS with a $2K ring.

So, so far, it has costs me upwards of $75 to get free replacement diamonds. Such beautiful jewelry to be such poor quality. A shame for sure.

Review about: Le Vians Chocolate Diamonds Ring.

I liked: Loved the ring.

I didn't like: Quality and warranty.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Le Vian Ring
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $1999
Preferred solution fix ring and promise refund if diamonds keep falling out

Had an Experience with Le Vian?

Submit review

Comments

Laurel, Maryland, United States #1290086

There is no way that is a 6.75. You should read up on how Kays steals diamond and replaces them with fakes. search it up and you will see many articles.

LadyScot

Oh, and "Gosh, the jeweler didnt tell me I couldnt wear my ring daily or do "meanel" chores." The car lot doesn't tell you not to ram your car into a building either but common sense tells you not to. Just saying. And you spelled MENIAL wrong.

Lady Scot, Do I detect a bit of snootiness in your post?Gosh, the jeweler didnt tell me I couldnt wear my ring daily or do "meanel" chores.

The ring is a size 6.75...not a resized ring. And, they have replaced diamonds 4 or 5 times now, replaced the ring once. Levian has honored their warranty without putting conditions on when I wear it.

I'm not a high-brow city gal but I'm not green acres either.Dont judge a person by how many times a warranted diamond has to be replaced.

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1270354

Snootiness?No, not at all.

No suntin about suntin? Yeeeeap. (In honor of your green acres comment).

I know diamonds and gemstones. I learned from a very reputable jeweler.

I also know mounts and shanks. 6.75 is not a standard ring size: 5, 6, and 7 are. With 7 being the most popular and common. Now, to get from a 7 to down a quarter size, does not really harm a setting.

But to go from a 5 or 6 to a 6.75, you would either stretch it, which is a horrible idea and can really damage the stone settings, or cut the shank and add up a size, then shave it, solder it on, and then buff out the burn.

So...which is it? How was it sized? "Just a 6.75" means nothing. Take a picture of the bottom of the ring off your finger.

As for menial tasks, you would not believe how many women I have seen digging in the yard with their diamonds.

Yes. Women do menial (MENIAL) tasks with their diamonds on. But you shouldn't.

Oh, and I am not a high brow city gal either.

I am as country as red clay mud.But I still take care of my Coach bags and my diamonds.

LadyScot

$25 is still cheaper than $300-500 each time you lose a stone.The center stone alone (looking at this same ring on Macy's.com) looks to be about .25 ctw, would cost you $700-1200 to replace.

And they replaced it 3 times? For free? All you paid was $75 total for postage and insurance?

Like the other poster stated, these rings are not meant to be resized too large.

That weakens the design of the band, which weakens the mounting that holds the stones.

Plus, this is aggravated by the fact that you probably do menial tasks wearing your diamonds.Washing dishes, cleaning, working outside, etc.

Diamonds are meant to be treasured and babied, not worn like Walmart clothes.

Ashland, Kentucky, United States #1230723

It's not that the quality of the ring was bad it was that it was sized to far up from what I can see in the picture levian rings should only go up in size one size unless special ordered and the stock size is usually a 7

Itsgrama
to Anonymous #1270263

The ring was not resized and is not a large size. 6.75

Have you been typing?Changing a tire?

Diamonds don't pop out of rings. Please *** your ring even when doing dishes with pots and pans.

You can handle hard surfaces with a delicate diamond ring.

It is a really pretty ring..hope it works out for you