Shady Business at LB Exotics, Formerly Known As LB Reptiles

4 of 4 LB Exotics reviews

Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring person, but look out! You will find a different, uglier side of him in due time. He will become great friends with you, make you feel as if he is doing so much for you and your pets, giving you such deals and then stab you in the back as soon as he gets the chance. My Husband and I have rescued countless reptiles, some even with habitats and donated them to his store for free, only for him to sell them as soon as he could for hundreds of dollars without even being sure that they were in the best of health first. He pulled this trick on us.

We bought a Tegu from him that he had bought from someone else earlier that day. Knowing the circumstances, I had a feeling that the Tegu might not be in the best of health and that it may not be the pet for us but he told me that I had his word that if it did not work out, he would gladly give my money back. It did not end up working out with the Tegu. He kept having prolapses, even after we took it to the vet twice, so we brought it back to David. He promised me that he would find us a new Tegu as soon as possible, but that was back in July, it is now February of the next year! He has been avoiding my Husband and I at all costs, but finally I was able to get a hold of him over the phone on a restricted phone number. I reminded him of how he told me that I had his word, and yet he says that he will not refund my money and that it is my own fault, that I am abusing his friendship. He hung up on me twice, too...some friend?!

Aside from this issue, he has also ripped my Husband and his company off. My Husband built a webpage for him, entirely for free, but because it still costs money to host a site regardless of your arrangement with the web developer, my Husband's company had to charge him $120 to host the site for the year. He gave my Husband such a hard time about this despite the 6 months of work that he put into building him his website for free. When David did finally write the check, it ended up bouncing! He told my Husband that of course it did because he didn't want to pay for it. The site has since been shut down, however, my Husband has had to foot the bill for the 2 months that the site was live, $20, plus another $20 for his check that bounced.

All I have to say, is really be careful when dealing with this person! He is not the person that he paints himself to be! He is a shady person, and very unprofessional. Just see for yourself when you walk in his store to find all of the neighborhood hoodlums working for him, throwing the animals around while he smokes pot, making fun of all of his customers with them behind the store during the day, and inside the store late at night! You can decide for yourself if this is the place, and if this is the person you really want to get your next pet from. ;)

**FYI: The store used to be called LB Reptiles Only, then the owner changed it to LB Reptiles, but now it is called LB Exotics...Same shady owner of the same shady business, just under a different name.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 4 LB Exotics reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 17, 2012 #432234

Once again, nothing was hacked by myself or my Husband, my Husband did however make one fake alias on Facebook that David accepted a friend request from, after which my Husband posted on his page just letting him know that he was disappointed in the way that he was conducting himself and it was just ONE post, not a flood of them, and as for menacing phone calls, I have not called David or the store even once since he told me he would not refund my money, and my Husband called him once on the day that David sent me threats via Facebook messages.
Just a question, but if David uses his Facebook page as a legitimate business page, don't you think he ought to refrain from hurting his own business reputation by posting such things as I have taken screen shots of and added to this review? Don't you think he should conduct himself in a professional manner? I do.
Lastly, if it is so evident that I'm trying to do anything other than raise awareness about a negative experience I had in dealing with this store, than it wouldn't be as big of a deal and having as much of an affect as you say it is having.
You know what I think is quite evident though? The lack of professional quality in this store and it's owner.

2 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432218

Autumn, I hate to shatter your perfect angel image your so blatantly displaying for your public but David was wronged as well. He has nothing but good intentions. Take away the fact that your ego was hurt, you seem to forget the fact that David at one point was there to help you guys out. You seem to also forget that emails were hacked, phony alias' were created to flood a legitimate business page, menacing phone calls were made. Need I say more?

Respectfully, your sob stories are meaningless to me. It's evident not only to me but to the others that your out to destroy, and not to raise awareness about a negative experience you had at the store.

Feb 17, 2012 #432209

Nothing I have said is an exaggeration, unfortunately. In actuality, I have chosen to leave several uglier details in regards to David's character, behavior, and store out of this for the sake of being decent. It's really unfortunate if David's life is suffering, but I cannot be responsible for it as I have only testified mine and my Husband's honest experience in doing business with him, perhaps he should take care to do better business in the future.
I do however take responsibility for trusting the owner of this store far too much, I openly admit that was definitely a mistake on my part.

Feb 17, 2012 #432201

Yes Autumn, I did in fact notice you didn't mention "do not shop there...". Doesn't take away the fact of what I stated. Witch hunt at it's purest. Take it or leave it. Posting exaggerated negativity about a shop that's done good for a lot of people is just evil.

It's a shame you cannot see the severity of what you are causing. Not only for the owner's life but for many other lives.

You two will not and shall not rest until you see the demise of a good situation got completely sour. He's not the only one to blame. Learn how to take responsibility for your own actions, and you'll avoid problems like these later on in the future...

Grow up!

0 3 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432199

It's SOOOOO easy, yet when I go to lbreptiles.com I still see a redirect to our billing department stating that he owes money.

0 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432194

Also, if it\'s so easy. Where\'s your cousin with down syndrome and where can I see some sites?I\'m very interested in some website work.

Feb 17, 2012 #432186

I'd like to point out that I can tell that you care for your so called friend David "reptileKid", but this is grown up time. I'm sure he told you a bunch of stories about what happened and you believed them. He's pretty good at that by the way. I want to point some things out that I or any normal person would consider holes in his so called truths.
1. When we made the purchase for the tegu it was only the three of us. That is David, Autumn and I. I know this because it was late at night and we were closing. I don't see how you could have been an "eye-witness".

2. We had the tegu for about 20 days max. Your so called 9 months is a pretty farfetched considering how long we had him. In fact, we have vet bills to confirm when we took it back. It had only been a day or so since we took him in.

3. David didn't stick to his own policy, that's not our fault. He breached it by having what's called a verbal contract between the 3 of us. As a business owner, it's pretty good to stick to your word.

4. David never "warned" us of anything, he TOLD us that he'd refund our money if there was an issue. There was an issue, we took it to the vet because it was sick. Turns out we had to take it back because nothing was working. Again, david PROMISED us and gave us his word, but then again did not stick to it.

5. There's a big difference between website and service. I'm sure you would know ALL about this right?Well, since you
... Show more

Feb 17, 2012 #432182

Yes, I am trying to do everyone a favor actually! You can take it or leave it, just as everyone else can. Notice I never said "Do not shop at this store," I only suggested to be cautious if and when doing so. I'm sure that other consumers are quite capable of making their own decisions, therefore, there is no need for me to be forceful!

Feb 17, 2012 #432179

Constructively for the business and for consumers, eh? Hmmm, look's like your doing everyone a favor than :/

Forgive me for saying so but I find it difficult to swallow malicious acts of petty revenge under the guise of good intentions for consumers.

You fool nobody.

0 3 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432178

I've had no intention of harassing, and I'm sorry if you have taken it that way. As I said before, anything I say and have said has been meant constructively for both the business as well as consumers. If anything, I have been harassed.

Feb 17, 2012 #432174

FYI;

harassment nevertheless

pretty low, ever for a "pissedconsumer" dork like you and your hubster.

he won't be beat, i guarantee it ;)

Feb 17, 2012 #432156

FYI: Cyberstalking can be defined as threatening behavior or unwanted advances directed at another using the Internet and other forms of online and computer communications.

I have not made any threats, or advances! I have only shared my experience and recommendation with other consumers such as myself.

1 0 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432153

It's considered Cyber stalking to post a review of the store on all the reviewing sites that I use? I think not! I have made no attempt to contact David, have only shared my experience in dealing with the store on the appropriate business review sites. Defamation of character? Nothing I have said is untrue, and I do have documentation to prove that! However, saying that my Husband hacked anyone's accounts IS considered to be defamation of character!!!! That IS considered slander!!! Not to mention all of the countless threats... If you ask me, I think THAT is immature, not being able to take bad reviews with the good like an adult.. I am not afraid of anything that either of you, or anyone else has to say because like I said, I have plenty of support to back up each and every one of my claims if need be, and I think that everyone has a right to know both the good and the bad about a business before actually doing business with them. You should take this as a learning experience as I have, and as an opportunity to better yourself and your business. Taking this constructively would be the best advice that I can give to you as my review was only meant to be taken in the most constructive manner by both the store owner, as well as potential customers.

ReptileKid

Feb 17, 2012 #432144

A message to Autumn;

Honestly, you must have absolutely no life to be harassing and pestering an amazing human being like David. Your behaviour is worse than that of a teenage girl from the OC complaining to her daddy that she didn't get the Ferrari she's been whining about for her super-sweet 16.

I don't have time to post a long winded rebuttal. why? Because I, like David, and like millions of other normal human beings on this amazing planet, have actual day jobs and people and dare I say, LIVES to attend to! So I'll just keep it short and sweet.

I speak on behalf of David when I say, the only person(s)who should be ashamed of themselves is you! YOU KNOW *** WELL what really went down. Being an eye-witness to the exaggerated fabrications you claim are 'truth', there are always two sided to a story, sweetie-pie.

First and foremost, he's a business man. And as a business man he carries out standards, policies, and regulations. In your case, you and yours insisted, if not DEMANDED a same day purchase of a tegu who was brought in, a few hours prior original owner surrender mind you, without a necessary and required health and behavioral quarantine. YOU KNEW very well that this said animal (which has a %100 bill of health today) could be at risk for health deficiencies. David, out of his own mouth WARNED YOU (I was there) that said animal should and will remain in the facilities of LB Exotics
... Show more

Feb 17, 2012 #432040

No, more like you have 30 people to lie for you. You and I both know exactly what happened, so you can say that it didn't all you want to make your business seem legit because the truth still stands. Shame on YOU for lying! You just keep lying more and more! There are also many people who are witnesses to all of my claims, along with all of the text messages and emails we have ever exchanged with you if it comes down to it. Would you like a transcript of it all? I would be more than happy to forward them to you if you'd like, I'd even be happy to add them to all of my reviews for your store as well so that everyone can see them. Let me know! :)

1 0 Reply
lb exotics

Feb 17, 2012 #432020

i am not sure what your talking about. i have about 30 people that know how you both are. you gave my store nothing of rescue anything. so really stop trying to make yourself look like victims, your just sore loosers who have nothing better to do. you guys are complete weirdos. and your sinking your ship in a law suit

0 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #431985

You took advantage of us, and many of your other customers, too! What we have done for you is triple that of which you have done for us. We gave you countless rescued reptiles, valuing hundreds of dollars each, habitats, reptile eggs, and a website all for free, and you gave us feeder rats once a month, that is a HUGE difference.
Indeed those are pictures from you Facebook, but I don't find them that silly at all, it shows your character in great detail. Being a business owner, you should be more careful not to give yourself a bad reputation like that, it is incredibly unprofessional and yet you do it anyway. I think that the pictures will be very helpful for others to decide whether or not they want to do business with a person who talks like that about his customers and friends. To answer your question, no, I don't have anything better to do than to warn others about you and your store because I would really hate for anyone else to end up ripped off by you just because I did not share my experience. I'm looking out for others.

LB EXOTICS

Feb 17, 2012 #431975

I NEVER WAS YOUR FRIEND TO BE VERY CLEAR. EVERYONE WARNED ME ABOUT YOU TWO TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ME AND MY STORE! THE PIC ARE OF SILLY CHATS THAT YOU GUYS SCOUTED OFF MY PAGE. I REALLY DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR BS. OF FAKE LIES! YOU REALLY DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO?

Feb 17, 2012 #431944

You can say whatever you'd like, but you've demonstrated what kind of ethics you have all on your own, and anyone can see that in the pictures that I have provided. By the way, it's not very good practice to lie, we were friends for quite some time until Isaac and I realized just how terrible of a business owner, and friend that you are.

FROM OWNER OF LB EXOTICS

Feb 17, 2012 #431935

Autaum and Issac Brown, You guys are a mess with this high school drama. this is why I kept you both on a business level. NOT A FRIENDSHIP TO BE CLEAR. And with this bogus amount of lies you like to try bash my store . I AM ALL ABOUT HELPING MY COMMUNITY AND OTHERS. I AM A GOOD MAN WHO WORKS VERY HARD. YOU BOTH SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! I gave you guys free supplies for one year. to do my site. After 7 months into it It still was a mess. So i stopped payment as any business owner would do. I never replaced a tegu that you almost killed by not taking care of your reptiles. LOL AND about smoking pot and hanging out back. I WORK 90 HRS A WEEK TO THE CORE. HOW DO I HAVE TIME TO HANG OUT AND SMOKE. I THINK THIS HAS NOW BECOME A SLANDER SUIT IN COURT. YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER ! SHAME ON YOU BOTH! NOR HAVE ANY OF YOU GOT TO KNOW ME ON A FRIENDSHIP LEVEL....NEVER! PEOPLE IN MY COMMUNTIY KNOW I AM NOT THE FAKE PERSON. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BOTH. I WOULD RECOMMEND IN GETTING A JOB OR FIND A HOBBIE!

1-20 of 36 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about LB Exotics.
Filing a new complaint about
×