Landis Decorating - Ruined our Canvas Awning
We purchased a 20x16 Canvas Awning from Landis Decorating Inc.in Quakertown PA, that replaced a Sunbrella Awning that Richard Landis said was the wrong material to be used on a non-retractable Awning.
Our patio is another room for us. It has always been dry and no matter how hard it rains, not a drop of rain can be felt. That is until Landis told us we needed to have our Awning restitched. This was expensive to have done and since then our Awning from Landis Decorating has leaked.
Not just a drop here or there, but everything gets soaked! This is because when it was restitched, they did not follow the same holes as the stitching that was taken out. That created Holes in the Awning that allows water to come in. A lot of holes and a lot of water!
It can be seen clearly how the stitching just goes off to the side leaving holes, then realigns. I spoke to Linda Degan part owner about this, she was sarcastic as usual and said that when it was put up waterproofing was put on. Linda sent out Rick who is an installer and did the waterproofing when he put up the Awning. Rick said he doesn't know what else could be done, they do not sell Canvas Awning anymore, everything is Sunbrella.
How about that! I told him what Richard had told my wife and I when he sold us our Canvas Awning. I also showed him pictures that I had taken of the holes (which are easily visible) and the patio and all the furniture with cushions soaking wet from the rain. Rick told me he would show them to Linda Degan.
After a week and half Linda phoned and said Richard Landis part owner would be coming out. Well today was the day! Richard came, with a Chip on his shoulder and started snapping pictures with his cell phone. He ask what was he supposed to do?
Stitching is not guaranteed he said! He told me he would refund the $300. they charged to waterproof the awning and put it towards a new one. He kept saying our Awning was old, I told him we had no problems until it was restitched.
Richard again and again said it's not guaranteed! I told him we have been a customer for many years. He didn't care, becoming agitated and sarcastic.
They he measures the Awning and said he'll give us $300.towards a new one, that's it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canvas Awning
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "It's a place for the scammers and liars. Women (mostly from Ghana & Nigeria) supposedly having pictures of either British or Finnish decendants but are in fact guys hiding behind..."
- "Hi my name is Autumn and I've been smoking these for two years this morning I went and bought a pack but when I opened it I noticed one was..."
- "After a house fire in 2003,I furnished my entire house from Mealeys and was pleased with them. In 2012 I bought leather furniture that faded very quickly. ..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."