Landis Decorating - Ruined our Canvas Awning
We purchased a 20x16 Canvas Awning from Landis Decorating Inc.in Quakertown PA, that replaced a Sunbrella Awning that Richard Landis said was the wrong material to be used on a non-retractable Awning.
Our patio is another room for us. It has always been dry and no matter how hard it rains, not a drop of rain can be felt. That is until Landis told us we needed to have our Awning restitched. This was expensive to have done and since then our Awning from Landis Decorating has leaked.
Not just a drop here or there, but everything gets soaked! This is because when it was restitched, they did not follow the same holes as the stitching that was taken out. That created Holes in the Awning that allows water to come in. A lot of holes and a lot of water!
It can be seen clearly how the stitching just goes off to the side leaving holes, then realigns. I spoke to Linda Degan part owner about this, she was sarcastic as usual and said that when it was put up waterproofing was put on. Linda sent out Rick who is an installer and did the waterproofing when he put up the Awning. Rick said he doesn't know what else could be done, they do not sell Canvas Awning anymore, everything is Sunbrella.
How about that! I told him what Richard had told my wife and I when he sold us our Canvas Awning. I also showed him pictures that I had taken of the holes (which are easily visible) and the patio and all the furniture with cushions soaking wet from the rain. Rick told me he would show them to Linda Degan.
After a week and half Linda phoned and said Richard Landis part owner would be coming out. Well today was the day! Richard came, with a Chip on his shoulder and started snapping pictures with his cell phone. He ask what was he supposed to do?
Stitching is not guaranteed he said! He told me he would refund the $300. they charged to waterproof the awning and put it towards a new one. He kept saying our Awning was old, I told him we had no problems until it was restitched.
Richard again and again said it's not guaranteed! I told him we have been a customer for many years. He didn't care, becoming agitated and sarcastic.
They he measures the Awning and said he'll give us $300.towards a new one, that's it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canvas Awning
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I am the second owner of an oil fired boiler with which I heat my home (hot water radiators.) The boiler is made by Crown Boiler Company in Philadelphia..."
- "After a house fire in 2003,I furnished my entire house from Mealeys and was pleased with them. In 2012 I bought leather furniture that faded very quickly. ..."
- "800notes.com has not been honest with everyone. It has come to our attention that they have a hidden, private section buried within their normal forum which is used to spy..."