Hornet infesteted, not fit for purpose La Tartaruga farmhouse Arezzo Tuscany Italy
We booked at La Tartaruga (latartaruga.co.uk) for a week of quiet relaxation in peaceful surroundings.On arrival, we were horrified to see that the whole of the roof was infested with hornets, to which I am severely allergic if stung.
I was only able to enter the house by another door once my husband had sprayed round with sprays already at the property. Inside, there were 3 hornets in the kitchen. My anxiety levels went through the roof. Then I discovered that all the floors were filthy with the dust and hairs of previous guests, there were bread crumbs on the furniture and on the kitchen table, the toilets had not been cleaned nor the seats, the fridge was mouldy and food encrusted on the shelves and door storage, there were cobwebs everywhere, the toilets did not flush properly, the pool water was dull with dead insects on the bottom and looked as if it had not been cleaned for weeks, the bedroom furniture was dusty, all window cills were dusty, the house smelled dank, everything was sticky to the touch, there was encrusted food on the plates, saucepans and cutlery.
The worst was all the hornets buzzing at all the windows. Due to my severe allergy and terror, I did not sleep at all the one night we spent in this dirty place in case a hornet got in the bedroom and stung me leading to medical emergency. We told the owner immediately we arrived who said this had happened before but he had not taken steps to protect the roof spaces from further infestation even though they are dangerous aggressive insects. I also had to spend 2 hours cleaning and the water was black.
We were also misled by the owners because they chose not to tell us about the one and half mile rutted dirt track to reach the property, nor about the fact that there is a well at the property with no proof of its suitability for drinking etc, nor that the hot water stinks of sulphur, nor that the satellite tv does not work, nor that the pool heating is broken, nor that the extractor hood does not work, nor that there is a gas leak in the hob, nor that the hot air escapes from the oven making the surrounding area scaldingly hot. The hob and oven are described as modern - they are old. The oven was filthy greasy too. The glasses and cutlery are beyond basic as are the old broken so called cooking utensils.
The stair case was covered in hairs and dust. Owner has refused a refund.
The place is not as advertised, there are omissions and deception.Do not stay there.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Terrible Service
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Welcome to The Lakeside Resort Shree Vilas, at Lake Pichola Eco Friendly Lakeside Resort in Udaipur Famous Lake Pichola is the main attraction of Udaipur, the maximum length and the breadth of the..."
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "We are currently staying in the Mountainloft resort here in Gatlinburg. It is gross, and the front desk clerks have horrible customer service. I came down here with my mom..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."