La Bella Bridal Boutique - Wedding Dress
We arrived in the boutique shop (opposite Exeter Cathedral) and I can say my to be mother-in-law and myself felt very uncomfortable.Ian Dunn and his wife, Josie, weren't friendly nor were they helpful.
Luckily I saw a bridal gown in the window, tried it on and it fitted ok but it needed adjusting. Normally you put a deposit on dresses, but instead I bought it out right in good faith. I then had a call from my bank to tell me the credit card payment hadn't gone through (this was after I left the shop). I then sent an email to the shop as they weren't picking up the phone to explain the payment situation and that I'll be back to settle the payment (no acknowledgment of the email sent).
A few weeks later I discovered the payment had gone through and I was being charged interest on my credit card! I immediately called the shop and Josie Dunn answered. I explained to her that due to some tragic events, my fiancé and I had actually broken up and therefore I won't need the dress. She was very rude and not compassionate nor sympathetic to the situation I was in.
She said we don't do refunds. Now I don't know their shop policy and I don't have a receipt of when I purchased the dress to explain their policy. I would have accepted the dress if I ordered it in, made adjustments to fit my size or changed it in any other fashion. But I didn't, it was their stock purchase, so technically they didn't make any loss.
I made a loss. When I asked if their would be any compromise, she got very aggressive and didn't want to hear any of it. I was so upset that I lost my fiancé and money for a dress.
To this date the dress is still in their shop or probably sold to another unfortunate customer.I would advise anyone shopping for a wedding dress in Exeter to avoid this shop- they're not friendly, poor service and no compromise due to recent events in my life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wedding Dress Refund
- Review category
- Ceremonies and Events
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have competed in NAM twice: When I was 16 and again when I was 19. Neither time ended well for me, especially the 2nd time. The first time was..."
- "They messed up my measures and the dress doesnt even fit on me. It was the manifacture error and they not refunding me the money. The dress look like a..."
- "I ordered my dress from Ca-Dresses.com and had the best experience. When ordering my gown the website was very user friendly and when I did have a question about the..."
- "The only reason I ordered through Cichic was because they advertised yoga onzie brand pants, by the way is still being shown as in stock. But when the package arrived..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "I have been contacted day after day from this scam outfit, After researching into this company they have the same directors Jamie McDougall/Zac Leonard. Yes, the same Jamie Mcdougall that..."
- " I purchased the above nail strengthener to help my finger nails as they were splitting and my other nails had long ridges in them. After using the above product on..."
- "I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their..."