L and L Dean Inc - Avoid L and L Dean, Inc. Fleet Operators for FedEx Custom Critical
I am an Independent Contractor for FedEx Custom Critical out of Boettler, OH. For seven months, I worked as a Sub-Contractor driving another Independent Contractor/ Owner Operator's registered commercial vehicle and transporting FedEx Custom Critical loads. The Owner Operators Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. out of Chardon, OH was stealing money from me. They started manipulating the settlement pay in May. I brung the matter to Linda and Larry Dean's attention that I was aware that their accounting methods were wrong. We had a contractual agreement of 60/40. I agreed to receive the 60% because I was responsible for buying diesel fuel. Linda and Larry agreed to the 40% because the vehicle I was driving they are the owner operators. The settlement pay never added up.
Within the Month of October 2013, they literally did not pay me for 12 loads. I have the completed bill of ladens. I haven't received payment; therefore, I resigned. The Deans are thieves. Independent Contractors acting as Sub-Contractors should be aware of these crooks.
I am in the stage of investigating what to do next. I consulted with a Collection Attorney, and he referred me to the Ohio Department of Labor Board. However and as you may well know, the information on the Ohio Department of Labor website specifically and clearly states that I am not eligible to file a complaint as an employee because I was self employed and I worked as an Independent Contractor/ Sub-Contractor. The options I am given is to write letters to Linda and Larry Dean and file consumer complaints before considering legal actions to retrieve the money owed to me.
I have contacted Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. They have not responded and paid me the money that is due to me. However, they have threaten to take measure to attempt to terminate my contract with FedEx Custom Critical. These are very unethical individuals. I advise no one to do business with these crooks.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Failure To Pay Load Settlements
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "The manager Geoffrey Taylor and Victoria are racist. I went to see about a storage unit and was told they no more units available as soon as I walked in..."
- "Using All State for a cross-country move is the biggest mistake I ever made!! I have since discovered that All State Van Lines has many complaints filed against them, all..."
- "My husband recently hired on with malone flat bed. After three weeks no pay, my husband came down with a infection, he had to have surgery, his dispatcher calls him..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."