L and L Dean Inc - Avoid L and L Dean, Inc. Fleet Operators for FedEx Custom Critical
I am an Independent Contractor for FedEx Custom Critical out of Boettler, OH. For seven months, I worked as a Sub-Contractor driving another Independent Contractor/ Owner Operator's registered commercial vehicle and transporting FedEx Custom Critical loads. The Owner Operators Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. out of Chardon, OH was stealing money from me. They started manipulating the settlement pay in May. I brung the matter to Linda and Larry Dean's attention that I was aware that their accounting methods were wrong. We had a contractual agreement of 60/40. I agreed to receive the 60% because I was responsible for buying diesel fuel. Linda and Larry agreed to the 40% because the vehicle I was driving they are the owner operators. The settlement pay never added up.
Within the Month of October 2013, they literally did not pay me for 12 loads. I have the completed bill of ladens. I haven't received payment; therefore, I resigned. The Deans are thieves. Independent Contractors acting as Sub-Contractors should be aware of these crooks.
I am in the stage of investigating what to do next. I consulted with a Collection Attorney, and he referred me to the Ohio Department of Labor Board. However and as you may well know, the information on the Ohio Department of Labor website specifically and clearly states that I am not eligible to file a complaint as an employee because I was self employed and I worked as an Independent Contractor/ Sub-Contractor. The options I am given is to write letters to Linda and Larry Dean and file consumer complaints before considering legal actions to retrieve the money owed to me.
I have contacted Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. They have not responded and paid me the money that is due to me. However, they have threaten to take measure to attempt to terminate my contract with FedEx Custom Critical. These are very unethical individuals. I advise no one to do business with these crooks.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Failure To Pay Load Settlements
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE OF BEKINS VAN LINES I hired Bekins for a move from CA to WA, During the transport of my shipment, at least 50% of my items were damaged severely, lost..."
- "i would not even know where to start, 1 day delay, left refrigerator behind and other boxes, then being enlightened that it was our fault that we did not look..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."