Albuquerque, New Mexico

I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off.Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to install the new lever and found out that the mounting mechanism was "crooked"and that the screw wouldn't go into one part.

I called Kwikset and waited for 27 minutes before I could speak to anyone. They had me send a picture (which I will include) to show them what the problem was and assigned me a case number. I then went to Lowes and took the lock and asked them if they could figure out what the problem was. They agreed that it was a defective part.

I purchased a new door lever, brought it home and proceeded to install it. There was nothing in the directions, or one-line videos that explained how to *** the rosette from the face plate. The video they had showed the "obvious" things, but completely blew past the part on how to remove the rosette from the face plate. I once again called Kwikset, waited 25 minutes this time.

The person I spoke to walked me through it and I was able to install the handle. Nothing was in the paper instructions or on the internet. I have installed many doorknobs, levers over the past 30 years, but I have never come across so much difficulty and bad directions in one product. I have 26 more levers/handles to replace.

It won't be with Kwikset this time.The only good thing I can say is that their packaging is nice and the product is attractive - but no matter how pretty something is, poor quality and bad directions are a deal breaker.

Review about: Defective Mounting Mechanism.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $50
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Kwikset?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.