Dallas, Texas
Resolved

I will present the facts about this debit card and the reader can decide if they would purchase and use it.

The first year I used the Kroger 1-2-3 debit card was hassle free. I put the money down on the card at the customer counter. The charge was $3 and I had no issues with any of the clerks.

About a year after I started using the card, it got hacked for the first time for about $21. I called customer service, they turned it over to PPD. After 3 months I received a letter from Kroger informing me that the funds would be reimbursed to my debit card. The refund never came, I called Kroger several times, and they played dumb about.

About 2 weeks ago, my Kroger debit card was hacked again, this time in the amount of $122. I called immediately to inform them. First the customer service rep responded by trying to blame it on me. She was rude and eventually cancelled the card.

I tried to log on to my 1-2-3 account, and I was locked-out. My Kroger debit card was hacked, I reported it, and I got locked out of my account. I did not receive important information as it related to my account; other than my problem would be reported to PPD.

The customer service rep told me I would receive a new card in 7 to 10 days. The card came in the mail, and the envelop had been opened and taped shut. What kind of a credit card company sends the consumer an opened envelop with a credit/debit card enclosed?

Since I still have about $77 in this account, I was hoping to spend it and close my account afterwards, but I don't know if the card has been compromised.

I cannot believe that these type of bafoons are able to get away with this. Now,I stay at least 100 yards away from Kroger. Unless I hire an attorney, I more that likely will not receive a refund. An attorney would be too expensive.

I can only inform people that Kroger's credit cards are not secure, and their customer service is not professional enough to deal with customer issues.

I won't call Kroger Customer Service back, I don't trust them, it is all in limbo. I think I will close out the account and suffer my loses. My experience with Kroger is that it is shady corporation underneath but always appeared wholesome on the surface.

Review about: Kroger Visa Prepaid Debit Card With 1-2-3 Rewards.

I liked: I liked a debit card for online purchases.

I didn't like: Kroger debit card is insecure, Terrible customer service, Disrespectful blocked my account, Untrustworthy and incompetent.

Review #819421 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.8
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $200
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Kroger Personal Finance?

Comments

user18334617
#1141955

My problem with the Kroger Debit card has been resolved.No further action will be needed on my part.

Although my problem was resolved, it was a hassle.

I believe the big credit card companies need to become more aggressive at tracking down these bums who steal credit card numbers and then charge it up!