KN Airfilter - K&N, K&N Air Filters, RESULTING IN A CRASH OR INCREASED STOPING DISTANCES WHEN BRAKING.
K&N Airfilter has more safety RECALLS than we can list. RESULTING IN A CRASH OR INCREASED STOPING DISTANCES WHEN BRAKING.
CONSUMER COMPLAINT AGENCIEShttp://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asphttp://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htmhttp://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Make : K&N Model : 57-1509 Build Dates : APR 20, 1999 - SEP 10, 2004Manufacturer : K&N ENGINEERING, INC. Mfr's Report Date : MAR 10, 2006NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06E024000 NHTSA Action Number: N/AComponent: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLINGPotential Number Of Units Affected : 44386
Summary: CERTAIN REPLACEMENT K&N FUEL PERFORMANCE KITS, P/NOS. 57-1509, 57-1511, 57-1511-1, 57-1517, 57-1517-1, 57-1527, AND 57-1530. ALSO, A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THESE KITS WERE SOLD UNDER THE MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS BRAND NAME (P/NOS. P5007069 AND P5007070). ALL KITS WERE MANUFACTURED FROM APRIL 20, 1999, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 23, 2004. THESE ASSEMBLIES WERE MANUFACTURED AS REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT FOR CERTAIN DODGE PICKUP TRUCKS AND SUVS. A SMALL PIECE OF MATERIAL FROM THE TUBE WALL COULD BE SUCKED INTO THE ENGINE THROTTLE BODY, WHICH COULD CAUSE THE THROTTLE TO BECOME JAMMED IN THE OPEN POSITION.
Consequence: A JAMMED OPEN THROTTLE COULD CAUSE UNINTENDED ACCELERATION OF THE VEHICLE, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A CRASH OR INCREASED STOPING DISTANCES WHEN BRAKING.
Remedy: K&N WILL PROVIDE OWNERS WITH A FREE REPAIR KIT ALONG WITH REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 20, 2006.
Notes: THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO REPLACEMENT K&N FUEL PERFORMANCE KITS AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON DODGE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BY DAIMLERCHRYSLER. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
Your Company was notified that 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a Pro Competition Tire, retain several Nationwide Unsatisfactory Records for Failing to Respond to Consumer Complaints, along with having been issued 19 Violations from the State Enforcement Agency, 'Consumer Affairs' (BAR).
Specifically, but not limited to, violating several sections of the Business and Professions Code depicted below:
Section 9884.7 (a)(1) False and Misleading StatementsSection 9884.8 Invoice RequirementsSection 988.4.9 (a) Estimate RequirementsSection 3373 Inserting/Withholding info to cause document to be False
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Assemblies
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."
- "I first went to www.carid.com to price wheels. I saw that their wheels were reasonable priced so I decided to purchased 4 wheels with rims. They first gave me a..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- " My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "I have software from Steinberg that I cannot install, due to registration/activation issues related to their chosen Soft eLicenser required process. Companies like Steinberg are working with online licensing companies,..."
- "SIZES ARE NOT ACCURATE. CHEAP POLYSTER MATERIAL. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORTHLESS AND USES DECEITFUL TACTICS TO GET CUSTOER TO WRITE A GOOD REVIEW, TO SEEMINGLY ACT TO PROVIDE..."
- "Our school raised a large sum of money to have a new playground installed and Sun Country Systems Inc of Santa Clarita CA was hired to sell, install our new..."