KN Airfilter - K&N, K&N Air Filters, RESULTING IN A CRASH OR INCREASED STOPING DISTANCES WHEN BRAKING.
K&N Airfilter has more safety RECALLS than we can list. RESULTING IN A CRASH OR INCREASED STOPING DISTANCES WHEN BRAKING.
CONSUMER COMPLAINT AGENCIEShttp://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asphttp://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htmhttp://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Make : K&N Model : 57-1509 Build Dates : APR 20, 1999 - SEP 10, 2004Manufacturer : K&N ENGINEERING, INC. Mfr's Report Date : MAR 10, 2006NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06E024000 NHTSA Action Number: N/AComponent: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLINGPotential Number Of Units Affected : 44386
Summary: CERTAIN REPLACEMENT K&N FUEL PERFORMANCE KITS, P/NOS. 57-1509, 57-1511, 57-1511-1, 57-1517, 57-1517-1, 57-1527, AND 57-1530. ALSO, A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THESE KITS WERE SOLD UNDER THE MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS BRAND NAME (P/NOS. P5007069 AND P5007070). ALL KITS WERE MANUFACTURED FROM APRIL 20, 1999, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 23, 2004. THESE ASSEMBLIES WERE MANUFACTURED AS REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT FOR CERTAIN DODGE PICKUP TRUCKS AND SUVS. A SMALL PIECE OF MATERIAL FROM THE TUBE WALL COULD BE SUCKED INTO THE ENGINE THROTTLE BODY, WHICH COULD CAUSE THE THROTTLE TO BECOME JAMMED IN THE OPEN POSITION.
Consequence: A JAMMED OPEN THROTTLE COULD CAUSE UNINTENDED ACCELERATION OF THE VEHICLE, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A CRASH OR INCREASED STOPING DISTANCES WHEN BRAKING.
Remedy: K&N WILL PROVIDE OWNERS WITH A FREE REPAIR KIT ALONG WITH REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 20, 2006.
Notes: THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO REPLACEMENT K&N FUEL PERFORMANCE KITS AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON DODGE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BY DAIMLERCHRYSLER. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
Your Company was notified that 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a Pro Competition Tire, retain several Nationwide Unsatisfactory Records for Failing to Respond to Consumer Complaints, along with having been issued 19 Violations from the State Enforcement Agency, 'Consumer Affairs' (BAR).
Specifically, but not limited to, violating several sections of the Business and Professions Code depicted below:
Section 9884.7 (a)(1) False and Misleading StatementsSection 9884.8 Invoice RequirementsSection 988.4.9 (a) Estimate RequirementsSection 3373 Inserting/Withholding info to cause document to be False
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Assemblies
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " Ordered 4 so called re-manufactured accumulators from Keith Bowers for insulation on a customers 2007 Land cruiser as he seemed to be knowledgeable on the subject and seemed like..."
- "I purchased a 2013 Ford Flex at Price Ford in Port Angeles, WA and before I even had paid my first car payment, I had to have the car towed..."
- "They store had a big sign in their window stating Military Discount. I went to buy some antifreeze from a shelf containing many varieties. I choose the one I wanted..."
- "There are a torrent of consumer complaints on the internet about this company. RECALL BELOWIf you may file a complaint with the Consumer Complaint Agencies below:http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asphttp://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Make : BESTOPModel..."
- "On June 27th 2013 my credit card was billed $114.65 and as of 2/17/14 I've not received the product for which I was charged. Moreover, the company will not..."
- "As race fans attend these events, they have the illusion that all the race teams are in Good Standing within the business community and/or general public, when they are not...."
- "I made recharge of £7.5 using dialling code *139*7001# and received successful message but didn't receive any information on auto renewal. Following month, Lyca deducted another £7.5 and enabled the..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."