Blandon, Pennsylvania
1.2K views 3 comments
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Mar 01, 2015

Klaussner sales rep came out to look at furniture. Company has agreed to issue a partial refund. Waiting on Fecera's to send the check.

Original review posted by user Jan 30, 2015

Spent what I feel is a decent amount of money on what I thought would be good quality bedroom furniture($4,000) only to find out that it extremely poor quality. I was replacing 12yr old laminate furniture that was still in good condition with what turned out to be worse than laminate hardwood(or should I say softwood) furniture. Right after the delivery men left, I moved the night table only to have the leg fall off. Called the furniture store who sent a repair man out a week or so later only to have him "accidentally" dent the side rail of the bed. Waited about a month for a new side rail only to find out that the new one is damaged too…another month goes by for another one.

Here we are less than 1yr later and I find that my dresser finish is shattered. Yes….shattered like glass. How it happened is beyond me because the only time I touch the top of my dresser is when I'm dusting it. Otherwise, I only go in and out of the drawers. File a claim with the warranty company, diligently followup every few weeks with the furniture store as to when the replacement piece is coming, wait 3 months to be told that it's not, BUT, the warranty company authorized a full replacement.

Get the new dresser delivered today and when they installed the mirror, found 2 chips in it….unacceptable. Swap out the new mirror for old…okay ….no problem. Start putting in the drawers, and low and behold…..3 out of 6 drawers have the finish damaged on them…No surprise, the finish on this furniture is terrible.

Once all drawers put in, find out the side of the dresser has 3 chips and indentations. Not sure how it happened but now the finish is chipping.

Nightstand, armoire and bed rails have finish coming off on the front and was NOT hit by the vacuum because the chips are much higher than the vacuum can reach.

Really wish I could get a refund. EVERY piece of furniture has something wrong with the finish. I'm not hard on my furniture at all. Thought I was buying high end furniture. Should have kept my laminate furniture. Never had a problem with that. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Review about: Bedroom Furniture.

I liked: Look of the furniture.

I didn't like: Construction and quality.

2.0
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $4000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Klaussner?

Comments

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States #943767

OMG so horrible! I will be staying away from Klaussner!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.I bought 2 bedroom sets, a sectional, and occasional tables from Klaussner and have had all for over 2 years.

Everything is holding up perfectly.

I did spend quite a bit more on my bedroom furniture-and bought solid wood sets, because that's the best!Sometimes you get what you pay for.

debbielogar
to Anonymous Blandon, Pennsylvania, United States #943614

This IS a solid wood set.I've had pressboard laminate hold up better than this has.

I think it's a manufacturing problem. I'm very careful with my furniture. This is the only time I've ever had a problem. The picture of the dresser above is the replacement one.

It was delivered that way from the furniture store.Still waiting for a resolution.