Henderson, Nevada
1K views 18 comments
100% full Not resolved

I ordered my first kitnip box for my 3 wonderful cats, but especially for my beautiful Latte who loves toys and playing with them. When I got the box I opened up two of the toys. One was a stuffed cat who had a pocket you put catnip in, and the other a 'teaser wand' which is a wand, with a bungie cord on it and at the end of the bungie cord are hanging streamers. Somehow my Latte got a hold of this wand later on in the day and ate all the streamers off. I immediately took him to his vet where I was told (by xrays) that indeed he had swallowed all of these streamers and needed to be operated on, or it would cause a blockage in the intestines. He did not make it.

Before I allowed this box in my home I had a beautiful, sweet, HEALTHY 8 year old cat that I had watched come into this world. Now my Latte is dead. This toy needs to be taken off the market. ANYONE who has this toy in their home should be notified by both kitnipbox.com and ethicalpet.com that this toy caused the death of my beautiful Latte.

Putting ''Supervision Is Necessary'' on this type of product does NO good. If by some chance your cat gets it and you don't happen to see it, death could be the result. They want you to supervise toys for children also, but they sure don't make anything where if the child grabs it and the parent doesn't see it death is the result.

This toy should be taken out of all boxes. ALL customers who received this toy should be notified that the love of my life, Latte was killed by eating these streamers. The company who makes this toy, ethicalpet.com should remove this product from the website, and also inform ANYONE who has ordered it in the past that this toy caused the brutal death of my friend. Never mind your pathetic 'Supervision' warning on the back. That only covers you from lawsuits, it doesn't cover pet owners for death.

Review about: Ethical Pet Teaser Wand.

I didn't like: Tons of guilt i feel from the death of my gorgeous latte.

Review #689835 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.0
Discounts and Special Offers
Diversity of Products or Services
Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Website
Customer service
Price Affordability
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss My beautiful cat, my dearest Latte, died from eating a toy out of kitnipbox.com / $1200
Preferred solution Remove this product from all future boxes. Notify ALL customers who have previously received this toy that my beautiful Latte is dead because of it.

Had an Experience with KitNipBox?

Submit review

Comments

Comment as anonymous or
Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
MollyCS
Do you really think I would ever let mylar in my house ever again? Mylar is nothing but thick tinsel. And it's very dangerous for cats. In the little over a year that I have lost my beautiful Latte I have heard many stories about cats who had to have surgery, and some even died, after consuming mylar.
Great way to say ''I'm sorry, but hey, it's your fault.''
And I most certainly CAN blame the company since on it's site it says that Safety is their #1 priority and all toys are thoroughly examined and tested. Which is a lie. They're really trying to tell me 7 ''pet experts'' looked at thick tinsel and thought ''Great cat toy!'' They send out cheap *** and if you're very lucky at the least it will make your cat sick.
anonymous
to MollyCS #1285709
Especially if these toys have the smell of catnip on them, they will be more appealing to eat than normal.
Anonymous
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #1261552
wow. I'm really sorry that you lost your cat, but you can't hold the company responsible for that. I have four cats and I never leave their teasers out. I read an article where someone's cat self strangulated on a teaser that was left out.... All I can say is that I hope you will no longer leave your cats unsupervised with this type of toy.
Ann_Daily
I posted with my real name and I see internet bullying is alive and well.
Ann_Daily
What is wrong with you? Does it give you pleasure to hurt someone who is obviously in pain? That's a sign of being mentally imbalanced and you might want to seek a therapist about that.
Ann_Daily
I'm very sorry for your loss. Four years ago I lost a beautiful 10 year old boy when he ate part of a plastic bag my Grandson left on the floor. He choked on it and I found him dead. It was devastating. You cannot watch your animals all the time nor should you as it would make you a super paranoid person. You sound like a very loving pet owner and your cat was very beautiful. I hope you find some peace. I still miss my Dobbie very much.
Anonymous
#1213010
Sorry for your loss. You can't even watch a child every minute of the day.
bb
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1210540
to be honest that's your fault. you should have put the toy where the cats couldn't get to it, and if you have kids you should have put it in a draw or somewhere too high for cats and children to access..
SickofyourCrap
to bb #1212994
Comment from someone who works for the company, obviously.
Anonymous
Henderson, Nevada, United States #1201695
I can't believe how heartless some people are. Read the reviews of most cat toys, they tell how their cats drag it all over the house. Do you really think the pet owners follow the cat from room to room? Someone lost their best friend and *** hiding behind a screen judge them. How disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
If this was someone in YOUR family who lost THEIR beloved pet you wouldn't speak to them this way but since it's a stranger I guess it's perfectly fine to stick a knife in their heart through the internet.

You May Also Like

"Do not send these people money. Unless you go there in person and pick up a dog from Autumn Elizabeth Cheung (her fake first name) and her husband Calvin Cheung..." Read more
"To summarize the past few months please see the email below that I wrote to Petco in March. I have yet to receive a response from them. My mom has..." Read more
"I had recently ordered some discus fish and had a comment about the way they were shipped/handled. When I went to open my account it was no longer accessible...." Read more
" i purchased a dachshund from http://g-dsnovadoxies.com/ Dstephen02@gmail.com Darlene Stephens. Within one week we discovered Brody has a rare birth defect requiring a $4000 surgery. I contacted Darlene and she..." Read more
"So I have a complaint due to a pair of boots I bought..I bought Liz Claiborne flex brown ankle boots and after wearing them 3 times they are falling apart...." Read more
"This makes the second time my husband and i went to your KFC in Lemoore Ca 1st time our order was not complete, we live in the next town over..." Read more
"I had ordered several items from Fashionmia, one of the dresses was sold out and the other was not as shown on the site. I contacted customer service, several emails..." Read more
"Worst courier company ever. They are holding my courier since 22 April and it is still there. Other courier company handed over my courier on 22 April in Gurgaon. It..." Read more