Kitchenaid - Microwave interior in flames

45 of 465 Kitchenaid reviews

I was heating up a glass of water and smelled something - and heard some odd noises .I opened the door to the microwave and the ceiling was in flames.

I blew out the flames and was shocked at the damage. I am advised that the flames were right where the sensor is and that the sensor should have turned off the microwave. I called Kitchen Aid and asked if there were recalls or were they aware of the problem. They would not answer this.

They offered me 50% off a whirlpool as long as I bought it within 30 days and a technician got my old one. I did that. But then I read on-line horror stories of the same thing happening to others - I asked for a refund and warranty for life - they refused. I would not have purchased another Kitchen Aid had I been aware of the fact others blew up in flames.

Last Kitchen Aid I purchase. Customer Support was surly and arrogant and claimed they were only "agents" not part of Kitchen Aid.

I am an attorney and when I pressed them for what they meant that they were not part of Kitchen Aid they backed down and said they were "representatives".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Kitchenaid Microwave Model Kcms185Jss 1Za
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #870062

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kitchenaid? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
45 of 465 Kitchenaid reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Kitchenaid.
Filing a new complaint about
×