I was heating up a glass of water and smelled something - and heard some odd noises .I opened the door to the microwave and the ceiling was in flames.
I blew out the flames and was shocked at the damage. I am advised that the flames were right where the sensor is and that the sensor should have turned off the microwave. I called Kitchen Aid and asked if there were recalls or were they aware of the problem. They would not answer this.
They offered me 50% off a whirlpool as long as I bought it within 30 days and a technician got my old one. I did that. But then I read on-line horror stories of the same thing happening to others - I asked for a refund and warranty for life - they refused. I would not have purchased another Kitchen Aid had I been aware of the fact others blew up in flames.
Last Kitchen Aid I purchase. Customer Support was surly and arrogant and claimed they were only "agents" not part of Kitchen Aid.
I am an attorney and when I pressed them for what they meant that they were not part of Kitchen Aid they backed down and said they were "representatives".
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- lifetime warranty
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Microwave Model Kcms185Jss 1Za
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›