Kings Realty and Property Management
I hired this company, Kings Realty Property Management in Brandon, Florida to manage /rent out my house which was only a year old and in mint condition. I had to move out of state for my job.
They sent me a completely bogus bill for over $3000 for repairs. Changed all the light bulbs, fixed things that were not broken. They did not contact me at all about when I might receive a rent payment. They are terrible crooks. I paid over $400 to clean all the carpets and even the grout right before I left. They hired someone else to do it again and charged me. They hired someone to trim my trees, but I already have a gardener doing that! So I paid for it twice?? The list goes on. When I got the receipt for repairs, they had repaired items that I didn't even have. They charged me $150 to "fix" a sliding screen door, when I never even had one to begin with!!!
Our contract states that the property manager is supposed to get my permission for any repair over $250. The bill they sent for the bogus repairs was over $3000!!!Do not use Kings Realty Property Management! They Are the worst kind of crooks!!!!
What others are saying...Kings Realty is a Fraud!
A couple weeks ago we received in the mail from our now-former rental company (Kings Realty) the expected "charges" for repairs that had to be done to the old place. We expected some significant charges as the carpets were screwed up in most of the rooms (kids!), so getting a bill from them wasn't that much of a shocker. The AMOUNT of the bill, however, was quite a shocker. $18,000.
No, you did NOT mis-read that??$18,000. IT ONLY COST $12,000 TO RENT THE PLACE FOR A YEAR!!! And here we had this itemized "bill" with everything under the sun you could imagine being charged to us to the tune of $18k. OMG! They charged us $5 A PIECE to replace WALL SOCKETS. They charged us hundreds of dollars to fix or replace things that had been broken when we moved into that house and that we KNOW they have documented! They charged us for ADVERTISING costs to re-rent the place! Thousands of dollars for things that the lease doesn't even allow for!! So, upon the advice of a friend, we responded in writing, itemizing all the charges and disputing the ones that were frankly bogus and/or ridiculous, whittling down what we actually and legitimately owed them down to approx. $6,000.
So a couple days later the rental company (Kings) tries to call us to discuss the matter. I emailed them that I refused to discuss anything with them unless it was in writing, so we began emailing back and forth. Basically, they told us that the owners of the property MAY accept our offer of the $6,000 IF we can pay them by certified funds within 15 days. But if we couldn't, then they said they'd turn over the FULL AMOUNT of $18,000 to collections. I responded that I wouldn't discuss payment methods or timing with them UNTIL we'd all agreed on what we LEGALLY and LEGITIMATELY owed them, not what they could COLLECT from us. That was the last I heard from them until this morn, when I got a letter in the mail claiming that they'd tried to contact us via phone and EMAIL for several days without a response. Of course
Posted on Citysearch on 8/13/2009Poor Business Practices
We rented a house where the previous tenants owned dogs and the carpeting was dirty and also had a terrible urine odor. They finally changed the carpeting for one of the rooms after many complaints. After we moved from their rental property, they never returned our deposit and claimed we had left the place with damages and in poor condition. We never got our money back! They keep lying to us that they would send us pictures, receipts for the repairs and they never did. We never got our deposit back of 1,800.00.Overall
Posted on Citysearch on 9/2/2008Do Not Recommend
by Sovanny R. at InsiderPagesWe rented a house from this realtor and had nothing but problems before we moved in. In our conversations, they were very DISRESPECTFUL and treated me like a child.
The house we moved into was FILTHY. Nothing had been cleaned. Upon moving, they were supposed to paint the walls inside the house. They did not. Instead, they took out the intercom system (which was included in our agreement) and covered the (3) holes half-assed. Also, included in our agreement was a washer and dryer. Haven't seen it yet
And every time we have called them about these issues, they act like they don't know what's going on. It's always someone else's fault. I would not rent from them again, and I would definitely not buy a house from them!Better Business Bureau Report
There is an unresolved claim for billing errors and unauthorized charges on file for Kings Realty and Property Management.
They also have had the following complaints filed against them:Contract IssuesBilling and collection issuesBilling or Collection Issues
Hillsborough County Court Records show numerous lawsuits against Leib Vosnak and Kings Realty
Go check yourself : ]
BBB Unresolved Complaint1 -Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Property Management
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "Terrazas River Park Village now Terrazas Owners LLC is a "Luxury" Rental Community in Miami's River District in a neighborhood also known as Little Havana... I was looking for a..."
- "Major Issues1. Dryer Outlet was bad, would not work- Apartment complex offer washer and dryer hook ups.Date Reported 10/27/15Date Fixed 11/9/2015Time between reported and repaired: 2weeks 2. Hot Water tank went..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife, as the thief was bringing stolen possession out of the..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "We had them do a clean up after a water leak. We were flustered and did not know who to call. since they advertise so heavily, we could only..."
- "I believe I was scammed! I purchased a set of furniture - A 3-seater sofa, a love-seat, and a rocking recliner- all leather; with a bookshelf and coffee table...."
- "A few months back I visited this site: http://www.aliexpress.com/?src=google&albch=google&albcp=search_search-trademark&albkw=aliexpress_us-search-trademark-test-aliexpress_site_no&albag=wtohome_none_Aliexpress_trademark&albmt=Broad&albst=search&albom=US_none_20100416&creative=10324551540&gclid=CLLmu6ziq60CFQcQNAod6GZQoA called AliExpress, if you click on it, seems legit right? A bit like Ebay. WRONG! This site has had so many..."