9.7K views

Well, I saw an ad for Keranique late at night on tv. I went to the website right after and ordered the free trail.

I noticed that you had to pay for shipping. I honestly had no problem paying for shipping, it was only 7$ with tax. I was really excited to try out this free trial. I have thinning hair due to over treatment and dying.

I wanted nothing more than to have thick hair with the hair regrowth treatment. I placed in my order without really looking into it. Which, honestly I should have. If you really take the time to look at the website it does state that you only pay for shipping for this first month.

However ordering this free trial you will now become a member who receives this Hair regrowth treatment which also includes Shampoo, Conditioner and more. BUT if you don't cancel the membership you'll be charged 86 dollars a month. I received a phone call and an email a couple of days after placing my order. I had to verify my credit card info over the phone.

Shortly after I started receiving mail from companies that I never even heard saying that they would charge my credit card in a month for a certain product that I never even heard of. I was mad that I had been receiving this mail from two different companies, so I went to my bank to cancel my credit card before they would even have the chance to charge my credit card. Long story short if you place an order for a free trial you have to send all of the bottles back to Keranique, empty and pay to have it send back to cancel your membership. Also, the hair regrowth treatment itself can make your hair grow, however if you discontinue the use of it the hair that you had grown in that month will fall out..

It even says it in the pamphlet that you get. The shampoo did make my hair a little soft, however its nothing better than the typical shampoo you see in stores. I wasn't satisfied. If any free trial states that they need your credit card information I would suggest not giving it to them.

If it's free they wouldn't need your credit card info. I didn't realize that at first. I'm glad I caught on to the problem right away once I started getting different bills for stuff I never ordered. It's honestly how they scam you, which is all this company is.

A big scam.

Please, don't order this product. It was frustrating, I'm just glad I caught on before it was too late.

Product or Service Mentioned: Keranique Shampoo.

Comments

yes, I just start with Keranique it's brand for the hair to make it grow but I don't like the fact when the Company goes into my bank account start charging more without contacting that customer that did business with them that's why I'm closing my account with them!! double dipping!!

As you all know loosing your hair as a woman is very difficult. It is something that is embarrassing and hard to admit.

Something I would like to keep private even from my husband and friends. It is a personal thing. Well not any more. I have received my first box and shipped it to my office because of all the amazon theft if it was left on your door step.

Well the cat is out of the gab. All over the packaging is Keranique "the woman's hair growth expert." Now not only my husband know but everyone in my office knows, everyone from the mail room up. Now everyone is stopping by and asking how is it going and checking out my scalp.. You would think it would come in a discreet box, knowing how embarrassing this is for each and every one of us.

Thanks for bringing it out in the open and the embarrassment you have caused. You really don't understand what it feels like.

that's really awful...

I have also been tricked, obviously didn't read the details properly. Looks like I will have to cancel my C.Card. Won't be ordering anything else from overseas Facebook advertisers JUdy

FreshMoose823

My story is different I ordered this free item and my debit card had few fraud charges. I called my credit card company and told them about the fraud.

My credit card is changed already, don't want them to charge me $59.

Don't know what else I can do. it is scary :( I can tell they make people fool with bold letters Free and then in small letters they say the truth.

I don't understand how anyone can say it is a scam or a fraud when the terms and conditions are clearly stated on the website and in several places. If you don't cancel and return the product (even if it is only the empty bottles) then you will be signed up for autoship and charged for the product you already received.

They are upfront about everything and even when they offer the additional products you have the choice to opt out.

The pricing is stated and the terms are spelled out. Everything is plain and clear.

#1501989

Thank you for your letter. I saw the ad on t.v., and decided to look it up, and thank goodness for internet! Of course I will not order the stuff, and I can't believe the Shark professionals approve of this product after reading all the negative reviews.

True, I did the samething....They are SCAMMING people to believe you get the frial just for shipping and.handling. But they fail to tell you its every month .....

I wish I had read this review BEFORE I ordered the "trial" order which I was charged $59.00 for.

This entire product is a SCAM!!!!!!!!

You can buy Keranique 8oz shampoo at Sephora online for $30.

@Anonymous

You don't need the shampoo, you need the actual treatment the one you use twice a day

Same exact problem as stated above. Had no idea it was more than what they said.

Just heard great product and a deal came along.

I thought. But yes just have to do same thing and pray nomore charges go into bank because put me in negative knowing i had no clue

Ordered "FREE" Trial from Australia and decided the advantages did not outweigh the cost, so I contacted them only to be told to return products Before the 15th April even thoughthey were not received until the 23rd March. Cost was $22.50 for the return. They even demanded the return of the "FREE" gift.

@Alan

Oh *** I wish I had researched this before I just ordered the "Free Trial" from an advertisement I saw on Facebook. I was led to believe that this product was bought into from the Australian Sharks, which is a TV show and that because of the this it would be sent out from within Australia.

So now I'm just realizing that if it's sent from America and it will take 10-15days to arrive, than it's going to be an extremely close call to return these items within the 30 day period. I honestly thought that if I didn't want the items than I would need to call and cancel before 30days and that sending the items back would be after that period, not within the same darn time frame.

Completely ridiculous and clearly a massive scam. Wow just wow.

#1132051

If only I had read this review, I would have been saved a lot of money. What a scam.

I just ordered it too and now they keep calling me trying to get me to try all these other subscriptions. I refused to give them my card number and the guy started arguing with me.

I hung up on him. So disrespectful and I am not looking forward to how they will treat me when I try to cancel.

I just brought this risk free trial literally 4 minutes ago how do I cancel it!?!

I'm scared now

@Anonymous

Try calling customer service 888-237-4131 (from my charge card statement, not the one that came in the box). I also went on their website and cancelled it.

Good Luck!

@Anonymous

I just recieved it yesterday and used it today but thought i would look it up if I could get it cheaper now reading all these negative reviews i would probably send it back grrr

@Anonymous

info6rm your bank and cancel your card asap.