Keller Williams Realty - Review about House Sale from Kingsport, Tennessee
My wife and I recently sold our second house in 3 years through Keller Williams.The first time went pretty good, with the exception we felt at times our realtors were representing our buyers more through negotiations than they were us, but we chalked that up to kindness toward our buyers since they were first time home buyers and were buying through our same realtors.
After downsizing, my wife didn't like living in our new home, so here it is only 3 years later and we sold through the same realtors with Keller Williams again. This time, our buyers were also first time home buyers, and were also using Keller Williams, although they were working with a different realtor who is a co-worker of our realtors in the same office. Their realtor was an absolute ***, demanding at random in front of our buyers that certain personal items, such as our decorative fireplace gate, was to stay, even though not in the contract. Then, on closing day, she threatened to postpone or totally cancel closing due to us not thinking to dust window seals and baseboards before the walk through early that morning.
Even our buyers were nervous that she wouldn't go ahead with closing, until we finally signed a contract to have the house professionally cleaned by 2 pm. What gets me is that my wife and I are very clean people, and have always had a very clean house. We don't have kids at home, but even when we did, they were assigned daily chores as well to keep the house always presentable for even unexpected company. We also have never had indoor pets, and neither of us smoke.
The night before closing, we swept the hardwood throughout, mopped it and the tiled kitchen and tiled bathrooms, cleaned the shower and toilets, cleaned all appliances, swept the basement, and swept the detached 3 car garage, as well as took the trash can out to the street. However, not once when we've sold a home has it ever occurred to us to dust window sills and baseboards before leaving. I later found out she had described our home at the title as filthy and unfit for human habitation, a description our buyers even disagreed with. Anyway, i called Keller Williams to complain, and was treated more rudely by the affiliate broker than I was by his realtor.
He backed her totally, and even demanded an explanation on why we didn't buy through Keller Williams this time. I informed him it was none of his business, and after insulting me further, he hung up on me. Let me also interject here that although we were working on finding a new home with an absolutely wonderful lady from Century 21 Legacy, our realtors offered to cut their commission considerably if we'd drop her and allow them to write the contract on a home Century 21 had ALREADY showed us and we'd already decided we wanted! Talk about unethical!
I then called the district manager, and she seemed to genuinely care, but then did she would have the local primary broker to call me. He did, and even though he was not nearly as rude as the other broker, he still supported his realtor, refusing to force her to call me with an apology. I will NEVER use Keller Williams again, and I will never consider a home that is even listed by a Keller Williams realtor. They have no ethics or respect for anyone at all.
I have posted pics of our home that was supposedly so filthy.As you can plainly see, it was nothing but a lying *** of a realtor that created all of the unnecessary stress on closing day.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- House Sale
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I notified the landlord from Keller Williams Alex Coates. I explain about the fumes that came from the basement. The odor was so bad after several summer it came through..."
- "DO NOT TRUST GATEWAY REALTY or PAULETTE ELAINE ROCCO GOSDEN TUMBARELLO! This woman swindled me out of my home. Not only did Paulette under price my house, she..."
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Ali Express states on the website that there is BUYER PROTECTION. That is so untrue. We ordered an evening gown that was advertised as a Zuhair Murad Gown..."
- "I purchased two Mama Cozzi's sausage and pepperoni pizza's at the Aldi's in Kingsport, TN. My husband found a metal disc imbedded in the crust of his pizza. It..."
- "YESTERDAY I BOUGHT A BAG OF CEASAR SALAD KIT (3 IN FACT) ON 2-1-16 AND WHEN I GOT TO WORK TUESDAY I HAD HALF A BAG OF NASTY SALAD. ..."