Keller Williams Realty - Review about House Sale from Kingsport, Tennessee
My wife and I recently sold our second house in 3 years through Keller Williams.The first time went pretty good, with the exception we felt at times our realtors were representing our buyers more through negotiations than they were us, but we chalked that up to kindness toward our buyers since they were first time home buyers and were buying through our same realtors.
After downsizing, my wife didn't like living in our new home, so here it is only 3 years later and we sold through the same realtors with Keller Williams again. This time, our buyers were also first time home buyers, and were also using Keller Williams, although they were working with a different realtor who is a co-worker of our realtors in the same office. Their realtor was an absolute ***, demanding at random in front of our buyers that certain personal items, such as our decorative fireplace gate, was to stay, even though not in the contract. Then, on closing day, she threatened to postpone or totally cancel closing due to us not thinking to dust window seals and baseboards before the walk through early that morning.
Even our buyers were nervous that she wouldn't go ahead with closing, until we finally signed a contract to have the house professionally cleaned by 2 pm. What gets me is that my wife and I are very clean people, and have always had a very clean house. We don't have kids at home, but even when we did, they were assigned daily chores as well to keep the house always presentable for even unexpected company. We also have never had indoor pets, and neither of us smoke.
The night before closing, we swept the hardwood throughout, mopped it and the tiled kitchen and tiled bathrooms, cleaned the shower and toilets, cleaned all appliances, swept the basement, and swept the detached 3 car garage, as well as took the trash can out to the street. However, not once when we've sold a home has it ever occurred to us to dust window sills and baseboards before leaving. I later found out she had described our home at the title as filthy and unfit for human habitation, a description our buyers even disagreed with. Anyway, i called Keller Williams to complain, and was treated more rudely by the affiliate broker than I was by his realtor.
He backed her totally, and even demanded an explanation on why we didn't buy through Keller Williams this time. I informed him it was none of his business, and after insulting me further, he hung up on me. Let me also interject here that although we were working on finding a new home with an absolutely wonderful lady from Century 21 Legacy, our realtors offered to cut their commission considerably if we'd drop her and allow them to write the contract on a home Century 21 had ALREADY showed us and we'd already decided we wanted! Talk about unethical!
I then called the district manager, and she seemed to genuinely care, but then did she would have the local primary broker to call me. He did, and even though he was not nearly as rude as the other broker, he still supported his realtor, refusing to force her to call me with an apology. I will NEVER use Keller Williams again, and I will never consider a home that is even listed by a Keller Williams realtor. They have no ethics or respect for anyone at all.
I have posted pics of our home that was supposedly so filthy.As you can plainly see, it was nothing but a lying *** of a realtor that created all of the unnecessary stress on closing day.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- House Sale
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I can't speak highly enough of our experience with Josette Alvarez. We were first-time home buyers and sellers with very little knowledge of how the process..."
- "I have had the most horrific experience with this company. I really hope that Mr. Morgan himself reads this post so he knows how his residents are treated. ..."
- "To whom is may concern, It's a bit concerning seeing your agents posting comments in the public domain that are undoubtably racist, and also in my opinion, bullying. Now everyone..."
- "I purchased two Mama Cozzi's sausage and pepperoni pizza's at the Aldi's in Kingsport, TN. My husband found a metal disc imbedded in the crust of his pizza. It..."
- "We were duped into going to a Bluegreen sales seminar after signing up at a Bass Pro Shop. We were promised 2 nights in a hotel for free and..."
- "I bought a brand new 1025r tlb in may 2016 took home found loose nuts and bolts loose on machine had 2 hrs on it had to have mower..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."