Keller Williams Realty - Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor
Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor from Dallas Fort Worth Area has scammed us out of money from the purchase of our home. It is unfortunate that we are pushed to write a review on here as she completely refuses to rectify the situation. She clearly has no intention of being honest or showing integrity regarding this matter and we are in the process of filing a formal complaint with Texas Real Estate Commission to have her license suspended as we don't want other home buyers or sellers to work with someone who is dishonest and untrustworthy.
We met Missy through an online search for a realtor during our first time home buyer's search. She was wonderful in the beginning. We immediately bonded and developed a friendship which I now have come to find was in order to retain our business. She also promised to refund us 20% of her broker's commission at the close and fund of sale. The problem was, she didn't make it to closing...as she had a "family emergency". The agent who took her place had no knowledge of our amendment to contract stating that she owed us a commission and therefore didn't notify the title company when drawing up the HUD agreement. Instead of reopening the HUD to perform her obligation to us, she made it seem horribly inconvenient to bring everyone back to closing again so she promised to "gift" the money that was owed...over $1000. She did not tell us however that this was illegal. No side deals were allowed only items listed on the HUD agreement. She had committed fraud in order to retain our business.
After several weeks went by, she pretended to want to go into business together as I am getting my real estate license. In reflection, she was getting close to me so she would be able to cloud my judgement about the money that was owed. She began telling me the brokerage firm that she was working for was upsetting her and she was thinking of switching brokers.
After several weeks and a couple months had gone by without any money and her telling us she would pay by a certain date and not delivering, I told her I no longer wanted to go into business together. She promised to contact Jason about payment.
Five months later, September 1, we STILL have not been paid. We reached out to her and warned her that we would report her to TREC if she did not pay us the money she owed. She responded that it was her previous brokers problem and not hers and "good luck". Come to find out, she was paid for the purchase in May ...on a pay advance system and it was solely on her integrity to reopen the HUD and pay us what she owed us. It is not our problem she "discounted" herself as a realtor. Our only concern is getting paid the money that was owed. She is clearly not fit to represent first time buyers and will try every trick up her sleeve to gain your trust and business. STAY AWAY!!!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Stay away from missy starling
- Missy starling
- Shady realtor missy starling
- Fraud missy starling
- Reason of review:
- Dishonest Realtor
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Keller Williams Realty Home Buying
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I would select zero star rating if it was available. These people will lie to you, not stand by their contract with you, will allow "renters from ***" to destroy..."
- "I purchased a property through US invest after talking to Ryan McFarland. Ryan guaranteed the property would be refurbished and that it was in a good area. After purchasing the property US..."
- "DO NOT TRUST GATEWAY REALTY or PAULETTE ELAINE ROCCO GOSDEN TUMBARELLO! This woman swindled me out of my home. Not only did Paulette under price my house, she..."
- "I had been having sewer problems with my house for couple of years. Had to have the drains cleared about every 4 months. I already knew there was a breakage..."
- "I booked a hotel through Priceline.com and the day of our trip I pulled up the details and saw a link to click for hotel details. I clicked it so..."
- "I ordered a south sea shell pink pearl necklace on March 29th. The order was there and the money taken out of my account. Now the order is no where..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."