Keller Williams Realty - Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor
Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor from Dallas Fort Worth Area has scammed us out of money from the purchase of our home. It is unfortunate that we are pushed to write a review on here as she completely refuses to rectify the situation. She clearly has no intention of being honest or showing integrity regarding this matter and we are in the process of filing a formal complaint with Texas Real Estate Commission to have her license suspended as we don't want other home buyers or sellers to work with someone who is dishonest and untrustworthy.
We met Missy through an online search for a realtor during our first time home buyer's search. She was wonderful in the beginning. We immediately bonded and developed a friendship which I now have come to find was in order to retain our business. She also promised to refund us 20% of her broker's commission at the close and fund of sale. The problem was, she didn't make it to closing...as she had a "family emergency". The agent who took her place had no knowledge of our amendment to contract stating that she owed us a commission and therefore didn't notify the title company when drawing up the HUD agreement. Instead of reopening the HUD to perform her obligation to us, she made it seem horribly inconvenient to bring everyone back to closing again so she promised to "gift" the money that was owed...over $1000. She did not tell us however that this was illegal. No side deals were allowed only items listed on the HUD agreement. She had committed fraud in order to retain our business.
After several weeks went by, she pretended to want to go into business together as I am getting my real estate license. In reflection, she was getting close to me so she would be able to cloud my judgement about the money that was owed. She began telling me the brokerage firm that she was working for was upsetting her and she was thinking of switching brokers.
After several weeks and a couple months had gone by without any money and her telling us she would pay by a certain date and not delivering, I told her I no longer wanted to go into business together. She promised to contact Jason about payment.
Five months later, September 1, we STILL have not been paid. We reached out to her and warned her that we would report her to TREC if she did not pay us the money she owed. She responded that it was her previous brokers problem and not hers and "good luck". Come to find out, she was paid for the purchase in May ...on a pay advance system and it was solely on her integrity to reopen the HUD and pay us what she owed us. It is not our problem she "discounted" herself as a realtor. Our only concern is getting paid the money that was owed. She is clearly not fit to represent first time buyers and will try every trick up her sleeve to gain your trust and business. STAY AWAY!!!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Stay away from missy starling
- Missy starling
- Shady realtor missy starling
- Fraud missy starling
- Reason of review:
- Dishonest Realtor
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Keller Williams Realty Home Buying
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I would select zero star rating if it was available. These people will lie to you, not stand by their contract with you, will allow "renters from ***" to destroy..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "DO NOT TRUST GATEWAY REALTY or PAULETTE ELAINE ROCCO GOSDEN TUMBARELLO! This woman swindled me out of my home. Not only did Paulette under price my house, she..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "Pages that HP has printed in books and manuals and in their software that do not exist any more. Pages have been deleted. All pages concerning my product are gone...."
- "Last month I made admittedly unusual purchases with my Direct Express debit card but they were nonetheless made by me and ONLY me. DE took it upon themselves to..."
- "Why does ink fade on the receipts so quickly? I have a rebate from a few days ago and now it's not legible. Thermal paper/ink receipts seem..."