Verified Reviewer

Yesterday I went to the Jeep dealership on independence and saw a pair of new Jeep Rubicon 392s they had just gotten in. The price listed online with dealer discount was $87,000 and $89,000 respectively.

I began negotiations to purchase 1 of the Jeeps only to have the sales manager tell me that there was a $10000-$11000 "market adjustment" because the cars were hard to find and the Factory strike was limiting inventory. After pressing them about honoring the online prices (which I have screenshots for), they called me today saying they would remove the "market adjustment" and honor the online price. Then when I went to purchase the vehicle they added a Keffer value fee of $1900, and a safety fee f $1950. I advised them I was not interested in either fee and strictly wanted to purchase the car for the price online.

The manager got agitated and said he would not remove those fees even though they were not listed on the online price. 2 hours later the online price of both jeeps were increased by the exact amount of the 2 fees that they were trying to charge me and they would no longer honor the price from just 12 hours ago when the negotiations began. I have been advised to contact upper management (which after calling 3 other Keffer dealerships I have been unable to get a corporate contact for). I have also been advised to contact the NC attorney general to report this deceptive practice.

I am fully aware that dealers are free to add market adjustments and dealer added features. However not honoring the price of the vehicle online and trying to increase the price by $15,000 - $16,000 when you go to buy it is absolutely abhorrent and possibly illegal.

I will be seeing this through until the end. BEWARE!STAY AWAY

Preferred solution: Contact from corporate.

Keffer Chrysler Jeep Dodge Pros: Nice cars.

Keffer Chrysler Jeep Dodge Cons: Deceptive practices.

Location: 8214 East Independence Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina 28227, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Keffer Chrysler Jeep Dodge Reviews