Kihei, Hawaii

The sole on the Keen sandal Owyhee completely separated from toe to heel with normal usage.They will not replace the shoe for what is clearly a manufacturing defect.

They said if it was less than 2 years and I had my receipt I could get a replacement. It was over 2 years ago and who saves their receipt for a pair of shoes? They said it happens because they use a "sustainable" glue which I think means it is cheap and prone to failure. I would not buy again.

The representative from the company said that the same thing happened to her boyfriend. The sandals are in otherwise good shape and could conceivably last a few more years, but they are not functional. I tried glue, but it did not work. The sandals were over $100 and I am very unhappy.

I would probably buy ABEO sandals next time as they seem to be more durable and I don't see a lot of complaints on-line like I see about Keen.

Review about: Keen Owyhee Sandal.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Keen Shoes Owyhee Sandals
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Keen Shoes?

Comments

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #1258506

What is the point of "sustainable glue if you are throwing two sandals in a bin and adding to a garbage problem. Interested to find out what their response is going to be for me with the soles that pretty much are just crumbling away.