Kay Builders - Kay does not bargain good faith

1 of 17 Kay Builders reviews

Update added by user Dec 23, 2016

This will never be a resolved issue

KAY is the same when trying toi resolve an issues as they were with BBB

Nothing but lies and fabrications and stands by them thinking they can get away with it

The BBB complaint will never be resolved and neither will this

Update added by user Dec 01, 2016

Kay responded to the BBB complaint with a myriad of lies trying to slander my good faith yet pressure induced bargaining to get them to abide by their own advertised content.

About everything they stayed was either skewed or out right falsified.

They would have been better off taking the high road by simply sating we tried but failed to negotiate agreeable terms.It would still be a false presentation but better than out right lying and trying to paint me as a not financially capable of following through even though I have pre approval via their mortgage broker for well above the price line

Original review posted by user Nov 23, 2016

Kay builders breeches verbal agreements and false advertised.

Kay offered 15k in free options from the get go with no mention of contingencies or conditions. After going through the pick options process and some wheeling and dealing there were the options, lot chosen etc.. I talked to "THEIR" mortgage broker, he suggested going VA and asking for seller assist closing costs. That's when everything fell apart. 1st they said closing costs were on a case by case. When I paused they offered 2k. When I pointed out their website said Kay pays most closing costs for VA it got ugly. Suddenly I was being told I never mentioned I had a realtor (false), I never mentioned I was using VA and it was one or the other: closing costs or free options. Interesting since one was 15k and the other10k. They absolutely refused to acknowledge the free options and closing costs per their sales manage and their website were not intertwined. After a lot of ugly messing with the numbers to try and confuse me I backed off. A week later I made another offer. Linda didn't even acknowledge it and when she did after reaching out again she conveniently left out part of the offer. She did the same when my realtor tried to get it resolved (ignore then leave out pieces of the offer). I wrote the president and got the same treatment- Ignorance.

There is currently a complaint with the BB and the VA Construction

& Valuation Department citing breech of verbal contract and false advertising.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Affordable options
  • What I disliked
    • Does not bargain in good faith
    • False advertising
    • Changed website to hise false advertising
    • Ignores offers tendered
    • President as bad as sales managers

Reason of review:
Other issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #960016

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kay Builders? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 17 Kay Builders reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.